
I immediately thought of my last post and burst out laughing. Nick Jonas has Type 1 Diabetes. He wears an insulin pump just like Ruby. He's a positive role model for teeny-boppers with Diabetes, urging them to stay positive about their disease. This officially makes him the cutest.
I pointed this out to Ruby and she was like "Who are the Jonas Brothers?" Then I gave her a big, fat kiss. When the time comes when she does become aware of them, I'm glad that someone she'll probably be in love with will have Diabetes, too.

But really, let's hope this is the last post concerning anything Jonas Brothers-related. Forever and ever.
10 comments:
AHHH! Oh just give Ruby another kiss for me too. That is so cute. And I'm glad she can share her experiences with a cute teeny bopper rock star that keeps even her mother up at night! Ta ha.
What goes around, comes around Ms. Reynolds.
haha that cracks me up
Whoops, that's my comment above. My friend was logged in when I got on here...
I thought that is WHY you were thinking of those JONAS BROTHERS... too funny that you had no clue.
I just spent an hour reading your blog. An hour. Do you know how much I can get accomplished in an hour? If your blog is so good it can pull me away for an hour, it's a good blog.
I miss you already.
Duh, me. I thought that one was Joe!
I really need to watch more Disney.
Wikipedia'd the boys for more info and the ring is even explained - it's a purity ring. If I'd known that I wouldn't have poked fun at it.
Double bogey.
We had dinner Friday night with my nephew Jacob who is 14 and also has diabetes. After becoming enlightened on your blog about Nick, I said, "I didn't know Nick Jonas has diabetes" and he said, "I know, that's why he's my favorite." I am also glad that Jacob, Ruby and lots of other kids with diabetes have a seemingly nice, normal and talented role model to look up to...who also happens to have diabetes.
I just stumbled across your blog at work and Ruby sounds so wonderful!
I actually work on behalf of Bayer, the company that makes the blood glucose monitors. We are currently hosting a chance to meet Nick Jonas in Los Angeles at the Walk To Cure Diabetes. I know from the sounds of it Ruby isn't aware of who Nick Jonas is, but you may want to enter anyway. The url is:
http://nickssimplewins.com/sweeps
Post a Comment