I'll start with the positives but gloss over them because the negatives are much more interesting:
-Got some new people in my spin classes - gung ho, stick-with-it kind of people
-A little shopping trip
-Went to really good yoga class
-Went to a figure drawing class
-Went to go see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix last night at midnight with some girlfriends. Just for fun. I didn't draw a lightening bolt on my face or anything, it was just something fun to do...which it was because I got to sit around and talk to my friends for a couple of hours without our kids bugging us.
Which leads me into the negatives:
-The movie reel broke 40 minutes into the movie. Then 30 minutes later, it started again, only to break 10 seconds later. An hour a half later, they were still telling us "It will only be 15 more minutes!" Imagine the chaos: Hundreds of die-hard Harry Potter fans (most of whom dressed up in HP garb), all sugared up, crammed into a theatre until the wee hours of the morning. I did start a "U.S.A.! U.S.A!" chant, though which totally threw off the people who were already chanting "Har-ry! Har-ry!", so it wasn't a total bust. My brother would be very proud. So after many empty promises and 2 AM came and went, I left in a huff after being told by a lone pimply faced kid at the concession stand to just bring my ticket stub back and I'll be able to get in for free.
Me: "But I want an extra ticket on top of that."
Pubescent adolescent:"Sorry, maam, you'll have to wait to talk to my manager. She's trying to fix the movie reel."
Me: "Ma'am? Do I look like a ma'am to you? I'm 27 as of two hours ago, I hardly think that warrants such words as "ma'am" to be thrown around."
Exit stage left. Hopefully I will be seeing the rest of it sometime soon. And I hope Sir Brace-Face will be working because I'm going to demand free JuJuBees.
-So I rounded up my birthday money and was positively gleeful at the prospect of owning the Canon Rebel XTi, the SLR camera that I have been drooling over for quite some time now, as I found it for dirt cheap (read: finally somewhat affordable) on a couple of websites. After mentioning this in an email to my camera guru Julie, she wrote back and put very nicely that surely I had researched the company and made sure it wasn't a scam. To my utmost dismay, it was indeed a scam, as were the several other internet companies that I could have afforded to buy the camera from. CURSES! LOTS OF THEM. I know I sound so spoiled but I was just so excited for this. sigh. Maybe this Christmas.
-I spent the morning dragging myself out of bed (stayed up too late because of a fruitless Harry Potter experience), teaching a spin class that I in no way had the energy to teach, dropped my car off at the Honda dealership to get the dumb backityback seat belt fixed, sat around waiting for their courtesty shuttle to pick the girls and me up while I unsucessfully tried to keep the stinkers away from the water cooler, finally an hour later being drove home while making small talk (oh, the horrors) with my shuttle driver, Charlie. He's very into sky diving.
So now I get to sit at home today and try not to be mad about this camera thing. Discovering this page out of Ruby's coloring book has helped:
21 comments:
Yeah!!! Happy birthday old lady!!!! Just kidding. I wish you all the best and glad you didn't get scammed by some crappy jerk. And no spoilers for the HP movie!
FYI - I'm waiting to post about my tri when i get pics in. But in one word: AWESOME!
happy birthday annie!
Ahhh, no fair: I got on your blog (via Christy's working computer) today to wish you a happy birthday thinking that you would be proud I remembered and you did a birthday blog so that I don't even look original wishing you a happy birthday. But anyway, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! That Harry Potter story was hilarious by the way (not as much for you, I'm sure, but funny to read about). We need to set up some playdates (w/ and w/o the kiddies) when you come in August. Whoo Hoo!
What a story! Hope the rest of the day is better! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! =)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I'm feeling sad for you... that you don't get to own the RebelXTI...
I hope you get to do something MUCH MORE FUN tonight!!!
Love you.
Happy Birthday! You have the best birthday ever---free slurpees!!
Hope the rest of the day goes better for you. Happy Birthday-maybe the week after your birthday will be the good one :)
Happy Bday! You're camera story scares me. We bought a camera over the internet a few years ago and I was skeptical but Eric said it's fine...luckily we got it, but I wasn't expecting it.
Hope your birthday is a good one...with or without Harry Potter
Emmy
I, too, also almost got sucked into an Xti Digital Rebel for cheap. Then I called and talked to a guy who could barely speak english and found out that it was a huge scam. We ended up getting one for Christmas...it was worth it. :) You'll love it.
Oh and happy birthday!
Happy Birthday Annie! I hope that you get to finish Harry Potter soon.
Welcome to the 27 and 2 kids club! Happy birthday!
Happy birthday!
I'm sure it won't help that we have that camera (given to us as a gift, no less) and we LOVE it. Amazing you can teach a spin class after no sleep, I can't even put complete sentences together when I'm tired.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNIE!!! I too want a cannon rebel XTI... I don't get how anyone can afford one of those... they are SO expensive!!!
Happy Birthday! I didnt realize our birthdays were back to back! we should pool our birthday money and buy the canon together! we could work out some kind of time share! :) Maybe if we are lucky enough Santa will come through for us!
Hi, I am glad that you found us. Your kids are adorable. We have actually been thinking about going with the pump too. You will have to let me know how it goes and what you think. Mykah is doing great. You were right it gets so much better. The Summer has been awesome (no sick days Yea!) I will be checking in on you too. Good to hear from you.
Andrea
Happy Birthday Annie! I am glad I found your site and you found ours. And no, you do not look like a mam! Hope you had a fun day.
Tricia
OH NO! I'm the birthday raincloud! So sorry!! Well, happy belated birthday, anyway. Hopefully I'll talk to you soon :)
Happy 27th! I love your blog. It's hilarious.
Annie!
Happy Birthday! Being 27 is the BEST age you can be - lucky girl! It's so good that for years my mom has said she is 27 and I also have decided that I am forever 27. Live it up!!
Sorry about the camera scams, we've run into those before trying to buy a video camera. After much searching though we've found a few sites - that we've actually ordered things from - that are legit and have good prices. Check em out, maybe you'll get lucky and find the camera you want. They are:
buydig.com
bhphotovideo.com
vanns.com
Good luck and Happy birhday!
luvs, aby
PS - if you can believe it the Marco tapes are still in my posession. I told you my memory sucks right now.
Post a Comment