Sunday, July 08, 2007

You're so vain, you probably think this blog is about you.

A friend called me recently to report she had bumped into a guy we had both lusted after way back when. She called to tell me that he was in no way the dreamboat he was back then, now he was dirty and grungy and not in the good dirty and grungy way. Oh yes, there is definitely good grunge and bad grunge.

Quick lessons on the intricate dynamics of grunginess in two words or less:

No brainer. Good Grungy:


Total destruction. Bad Grungy:


Puppy scruff. Good Grungy:


British teeth. Bad Grungy:


Mystique. Good Grungy:


Drug addiction. Bad Grungy:


Bed head. Good Grungy:


Belly button. Bad Grungy:

8 comments:

Chereebee said...

Oh how I love you Annie!! LOVE the post!! THat's funny that the hottie back in the day isn't a hottie anymore!!

Jessie Riley said...

YOU ALWAYS KNOW HOW TO MAKE ME LAUGH!
I love you Annie Reynolds!

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kasey said...

I totally concur!

[alisar] said...

Also bad grungy: A nursing mother with matted hair, a sleepy eye, and milk stained garments.

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DianeM said...

I would be seriously disturbed to see any of my old flames from high school, I think half of them fit into the bad grungy category even back then. I wish I had this post back then, it would've saved a lot of trouble.

Chanda said...

I don't even know how I found your blog, but thanks for a good laugh. Your posts are hilarious!