Monday, July 16, 2007

A Conversation After Today's Spin Class

Me: Oh shoot, I'm late. I have to get my kids and go!
Man: Did I hear you say "kids?"
Me: Yah.
Man: You mean to tell me you've got kids?!!
Me: Yah! ( I totally thought this guy had seen me with them before, walking into the gym. How dare he not remember my every move!)
Man: How many?
Me: Two.
Man: Are you serious?!!
Me: Yah, totally! I have a 4 yr old and a 1 and a half year old.
Man: How old are you?!!
Me: 27.
Man: (starts laughing) I thought you were 17!

Awesome? Not awesome? I can't decide.

9 comments:

Chereebee said...

TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! To me that means that you still have a rockin' body!!
You go ANNIE!!!

Annie said...

I didn't have that rockin of a body when I was 17...flat chest, no hips, cankles. Not much has changed except for the hips part. So I'm pretty sure this dude thought I was 17 because I say "like" a lot.

bethany said...

So, was he going to hit on you, then changed his mind after he found out you'd given birth? When people used to mistake me for 16 or 17 when I was like 25 and I used to complain about it. They would say, you'll love it when you're 30. I miss those days.

Jessie Riley said...

OH. Take it. It's a compliment. I wish someone would say that about ME! NO... they usually think I'm older than I am... GREAT! Maybe I should be IN YOUR SPINNING CLASS!

Wendy said...

I'd pay some serious money to have the body of a 17 year-old again.

Wendy said...

I swear I have that same conversation with random people at church every fast sunday when I'm trying to get out the door.

[alisar] said...

I suffer from "old face." No one has thought I was 17 since I was about 15 years old. Take the compliment and devour it. It's ALWAYS good to look 17.

Anonymous said...

Huh...a Paul McCartney fan. You do look way beyond compa-air.

Shannon said...

That is awesome. I love it when people think I'm young.