Saturday, July 21, 2007

Annie's a nerd and she don't care.

Note: The title of this post is to be sung to the tune of "Jimmy Crack Corn."


Theory: Ikea and J.K. are in cahoots. The width of a complete hardback HP series fits perfectly into the "cubes" of my poorly made but aesthetically pleasing geometric bookcase. The closet OCD within me can now rest easy, knowing that my series will not be divided, nor will the presentation be mared due to a foreign book placed beside it. Thank you, J.K., for taking this all into consideration when writing your books, deciding the length, etc. I really appreciate it.


8 comments:

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Annie - I love it! I decided to surprise Dave by going at Midnight to Walmart (while he was sleeping) and getting the book for him! When I got home I decided to read a chapter or two before going to sleep and he woke up and saw me reading a book. He is blind without his glasses so he got really close to the cover (nose touching the book) and said, "is that the new Harry Potter"? I told him yes and he went right back to sleep. Then I was awoken this morning by Dave getting up at 6:30 to go and get the new Harry Potter book. I reached over and picked it up and he said, "Wow, you already got it"? "When"?

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

That is awesome! I am excited to read it! I wish I had such a bookcase too! However, I only have the paperback copies, so I need to measure and find the appropriate shelf. ;)

Emily said...

We got ours today too. Oh the excitement...

Audra Bollard said...

It's the little things that make all the difference. Like having the perfectly sized tupperware for your leftovers, or the pocket in my diaper bag that perfectly fits my cell phone -- why do these things make me so happy, I do not know. But now I know I'm not alone.

Jessie Riley said...

I think I need to read these books. I might be the only person left in the world who has yet to read them......

It's on my list of things to do... to bad that dang list is so long.

I love that they all fit PERFECTLY in your bookself... What will that J.K. Rawling think of next?

Kristen said...

Yes - after 6 hours and only 2 potty breaks - I have finished it. I won't say anything about it. But I haven't done that in years. it was 3am when I went to bed! And rhys let me sleep in til 9. yeah!!!

[RochelleG] said...

Don't worry Jess, you're not the ONLY one who hasn't cracked the cover of these epic novels! I am starting with numero uno today though! Wish me luck. Aaaah, the glory of a perfectly sized cube for your books. The piece of mind that must come everytime you glance over and see that set up!

dd... said...

I haven't read the HP books yet, but after looking at your collections, is it just me or have books been getting longer and longer after each volume. Number seven has more than doubled in size since volume one!