Sunday, June 10, 2007

Something worth celebrating



That fuzzy picture is a scan of a scan of a scan. But I still love it. It's our first married picture. Yesterday was our 6 year anniversary. Crazy.
One of our favorite memories from that day was after taking all of the pictures outside of the temple, we all had to high tail it to Corona del Mar for the reception. Everyone started heading for their cars and I turned to my new husband and said "I'm hungry." Even though were were having dinner at the reception, I knew we wouldn't be eating much. "Yah, everyone keeps telling me that we need to eat. Let's go to the cafeteria." So we turned around and went to the temple cafeteria. There were all the old temple worker couples down there eating lunch. We came in, Go in his tux, me in my wedding dress and veil, etc., we went through the cafeteria line with our trays, ordered our food while the old folks looked on, smiling and waving. We caused quite a stir. Several of these cute old couples approached us and told us how long they've been married, how many kids and grandchildren they had, and gave us little bits of advice. We loved it and it's a great memory for the both of us.

The night before we got married, Brandon's parents hosted a wedding dinner for our families, extended family members who came in town, etc and everyone was given a small sheet of paper. Later these papers would be made into a book. They were instructed to write down their best piece of advice for a happy marriage. My favorites are the ones written by the kids:
-"Eat off of each other's plates."
-"After a fight always make up."
- a picture of a spaceship
-"Always hold hands everywhere."
-"Three words: Pinch Bottom Monster."
-My brother Joe wrote: "Never have regrets and have fun you crazy kids. P.S. - I like men" (that last part was written by my bro-in-law Dan at the bottom of Joe's page)
-My bro-in-law Dan wrote: "Just remember if I can deal with Go, so can you. Love, Cool Man Dan Reynolds who gets all the women. Actually all the ugly ones." (the last part was written by my brother Joe at the bottom of Dan's page)
-"Kiss and hug a lot." (the page is covered with smears of chocolate)
-"If Annie asks if she looks overweight when she is pregnant say "no" without hesitation."
-"Always remember to start the day off with a good "I love you." Never start it off with a bad "I do not love you."
-"Watch good karate movies."
Another thing I have that I like from our wedding day is the guest book from our reception. My brothers and their friends got a hold of it and apparently Jim Morrison, Dave Matthews, Jack Johnson, and Jimi Hendrix were there.

12 comments:

john said...

Pictures of Joseph from that day are classic.

Chereebee said...

Happy 6 year anniversary!!! Annie you look absolutely GORGEOUS!! And I love all the "advice" that the kids gave you - so hillarious :)

bethany said...

I remember the night that you got engaged. I was out ridiculously late (with a boy I'm sure-how did I ever keep those kind of hours?) and you had gone to bed. But there was a note on my pillow that said "Wake me up when you get home!!!!" I still have that note :) Congratulations!

KatieB said...

i'm glad i could be one of your famous wedding guests :). you were/are so gorgeous! where is the time going???

Emily said...

Happy anniversary! I remember when you got back from getting engaged. We were all in the Reynold's TV room and you and Go were sitting on the pool/ping pong table. You had the biggest smile, but wouldn't tell us why until you had woken up Tena and Ron and told them first. I'm so glad you are a part of our family!!!

Julie said...

Happy anniversary! You 2 are so perfect together. Love the pics!

Kasey said...

I totally forgot you guys share an anniversary with my parents and now with Shawna and Jared. Congrats on 6 years!

Audra Bollard said...

Great pictures! Happy Anniversary Annie! I don't know if I've ever told you this, but I will ALWAYS remember your sealing. It was the first one I had attended since my own and it completely overwhelmed me by how beautiful it was. Maybe I had gained some perspective in the six months I had been married, or maybe I was just able to listen better than as a bride, but it was a moment in the temple I will always cherish. I bawled like a baby through the whole thing and I HATE the pictures Bill took of Willie and I later that day because my mascara is all over my face!

Oh, and I remember the yummy food at your reception too.

[BrookeO] said...

Happy 6!
You look amazing..and still do..amazing!!! I love how the past is such a part of your life, you seem to remember everything and I love it!

Kristen said...

Happy Anniversary! I forgot we both got married in good old 2001. Since I'm SOOOOO much older than you!

Great pics - and such great memories to cherish. I bike to the Czech and Slovak museum (where we got married) and it's so funny that we live so close now. Now I see and think, Thank God, I can take a quick break for a minute!!!

Wendy said...

Annie, You are so beautiful. I was out of town and missed your big day. I'm glad I finally got to see a picture. Wow! Six years, huh? Time flies when you have someone wonderful to share it with.

Shannon said...

Happy anniversary. I can't believe you have been married for six years! I just barely had my 6 month anniversary. Congrats!