Monday, June 25, 2007

Insulin Pump Therapy Class


That's where I've been all day long. The good thing is that Ruby will be starting Insulin Pump Therapy in September. For her to be able to be on the pump (no more shots and food freedom), I have to go to five 6-hour long classes, which are basically math and science class all rolled into one.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Yea Ruby! That's great news. Except for the hours of math and science, but I know you can do it Annie.

Audra Bollard said...

Wow, I'm excited for you guys--no more shots would be fantastic. You'll have to keep up posted on the details--does this mean you'll be able to leave her occasionally? Hope all goes well and you survive the classes.

Kristen said...

YEEEEEEAHHHHHHH!!!!!! We had lots of patients on insulin drips. If some of the "not so smart" nurses I worked with can figure it out - I know you will ace this stuff! Go you!

Shannon said...

Wow, that's great news. What in the world do they have to teach in 30 hours of class? Are you actually going to design the pump or just use it?

josieposie said...

Five classes...wow, that's tons more than ours. I have two classes for 4 hours each. Yikes

Annie said...

Josie, part of it was nutrition classes. Snooze.