Thursday, June 28, 2007

(Fill in the blank) of Love


Behold, the "Egg of Love," which is a deflated balloon that Ruby found and named. After she showed this to me, I burst out laughing. Being very pleased with herself and wanting to please me again, she now has named everything, always with an "...of love" on the end. For instance, she no longer puts just her seatbelt on, she puts on her "Seatbelt of Love." It stopped being funny after she knighted my backside as "The Booty of Love." Go loved that one.

6 comments:

Betsy said...

Gotta love it!

Jessie Riley said...

She is SO YOUR DAUGHTER!

bethany said...

I am so sad that I have never met this girl!! Isn't it funny the things that kids do to try and make you laugh? We'll laugh at something Jakson does (like hitting his head against the wall) and he'll do it over and over just to get us to laugh again. Are we all born comedians and some just grow out of it?

Chereebee said...

silly silly Ruby!

[alisar] said...

This is weird. Very weird. I went through a similar phase during my freshman year of college. It struck me as very funny back then to add "of love" to most nouns. "Backpack of Love", "Bathroom of Love", "Bed of Love" (not what it sounds like), etc.
I'm disturbed that Ruby is four years old and I was 18. Any words of comfort?

Annie said...

No words of comfort here, I'm too busy rejoicing in the fact that my daughter has a sense of humor akin to the likes of Alisa Ringger.