It was way worse before we moved in. The picture below is what it looked like when we walked through with our realtor. What is not shown in this picture is perhaps the best part: pink rose decals stuck all around the doorframe. Very classy. The previous owners had an interesting sense of interior design. And when I say interesting, I mean horrible. I am quite sure the woman went to Sherwin Williams, slammed a bottle of Pepto Bismol down on the counter and demanded that she be given a bucket in that exact color. Isn't Pepto Bismol supposed to soothe your stomach, not induce vomitting?
This bathroom is more than an eyesore, it is an eye...wart. It haunts my dreams. And though a small space, it will be a huge job. I'm going to have to strip the textured rose wallpaper border, which I will burn and do a celebratory tribal dance around its flames, take the mirror off, contort my body in extremely unnatural positions to get behind the tiolet, work around the doors that cover the washer/dryer, etc. But I think I'm ready to battle this beast. I'm ready to start thinking about what to do in there. I have several ideas but none have seemed right. Since the bathroom comes right off of the kitchen (who was the genius who thought of that one?) it needs to compliment the kitchen, not necessarily match but not clash. My kitchen has dark hardwood floors, red accents and light buttery walls. Yes, in color but also literally--someday I'll do a post on my two little Dinner Time Jackson Pollocks. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas, I'm very open to suggestions.
8 comments:
I went a little crazy with the mouse scroller and thought the top was the before and the bottom was after and I thought, "hmmmmm. I didn't know annie was fond of gi-normous fake flower arrangements?" And then I read and gave out a HUGE sigh of relief.
Remember our pink bathroom? Be thankful it's just pink paint you have to worry about! Think light colors and a great faucet. At least the floor isn't too bad?
How about taupe/light brown and chocolate brown. You could use red accents and it would look really nice. Good luck
There's a show on HGTV called "Bad, Bad Bathrooms-they'll come in and remodel the bathroom for you-if it's bad enough. I think yours qualifies :) Maybe you should enter!! BTW-Saw one of your future reads is Snow Flower and the Secret Fan-that's our book for August's book club!! This month we are reading Harry Potter-so excited for that one!
Having just repainted our bathroom, here's a tip: If taking the toilet out instead of painting around it seems like a good idea at the time I have two words for you: WAX RING. Google it if you must. And if you burn it along with the border, kindly video the experience.
Annie, that bathroom is pretty darn bad. I am going to put up a pic of our bathroom as a sign of solidarity. I do sympathize! Whatever you do, you should make sure you keep the fuzzy pink toilet seat cover. It just says "please sit on me!"
Sadly Mrs. Pepto took the mauve carpet tiolet seat cover with her. I know, I know, it would have made excellent kindling for my rose wallpaper border bonfire.
All I can say is HOLY CRAP!!! What was that lady thinking!!!
Would you believe your bathroom's twin resides in MY house in Rhode Island. I swear it's true. Perhaps "Pepto Bismol Pink" was a very popular color choice for the Eastern time zone. My sadness lies in the fact that my house is a rental, so I'm not allowed to make any drastic changes. And so I embrace my eccentric bathroom:)
Post a Comment