Thursday, June 14, 2007
My mystery plant overfloweth
Allright, I'm confused. I don't think this is a bush anymore. The stalks grow up individually and they do not all stem from the same little "stump" above ground, like bushes do. I see no signs of this thing flowering, like I thought it would. I'm starting to think that perhaps my mystery plant is indeed a weed. It sure has grown as fast as one. Though, at the library the other day, I was checking out a hydrangea bush and the leaves are very similiar and the stalks, too but there were some differences, so I think I can rule out hydrangea, which makes me sad because that was on the very top of my list of hopefuls. Seriously, what is this thing?


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Even if it is "something" good. It doesn't look nice - pull the sucker out.
i think its a weed. i think i got some of those in maryland. i remember being confused about them too. it's weird that there seem to be so many growing up though. i remember getting a one or two long vine thingys.
Do you remember me posting about my big ugly plants that I thought were weeds, and I hated them but then they turned out to be Hibsicus with gigantic gorgeous flowers? Well, your plant doesn't look much like mine (helpful, I know), but the description sounds a lot like it. Mine didn't get flowers until late in the summer. So, I would say give it a little longer and you may be pleasantly surprised.
Annie, THANK YOU for adding a list of your fav books along with a rating. I am in desperate need of some good book suggestions. Oh, and I don't have any advise about the weird mystery plant. Sorry, but I'm from Vegas. We were lucky if we could get the grass to grow.
It looks like you got your self a weed. It's pretty though. Maybe you could just trim it.
Post a Comment