
Back when Go and I were newly married, once in awhile we'd drive from SLC to Vegas to visit his family. On one occasion on our way there, we were driving through the city (can you really call it that?) of Mesquite. He told me about how back in high school when he'd have away track meets at Mesquite High, he'd picture himself living there, married with a family. What would I think about moving to Mesquite someday?, he asked. I looked out the window at the icky desert town, saw the hot dusty hills, the boring plantless track home neighborhoods, the dingy gas stations, the cheesy hotels with their marquees advertising buffet meals and burst out laughing. "You'd have to get yourself another wife," I said. And thus, "The Mesquite Wife" was born. When he suggests something I really don't want to do, like watch a martial arts film or a Spagetti Western with him, I reply that perhaps his Mesquite Wife is in the mood for no character development, bad acting and a poor plot line. Neatly ironed dress shirts? Oh, just have the Mesquite Wife do it. (Thank goodness for Brooks Brothers Non-Iron shirts. Best invention EVER.) Get up at 4:30 in the morning with him and make him breakfast? Thanks, Mesquite Wife! His Mesquite Wife also sometimes forgets to put the cap back on the toothpaste. She looks a lot like this:
9 comments:
thank goodness for his mequite wife! what a great invention.
-k- I seriously LOVE you Annie!!!! You always give me a good laugh - thanks :) I LOVE the Mesquite wife idea.....I'll have to try and invent a wife like that for Brett!!!
I need one of those-both a picture like that and an extra wife to blame things on.
Mesquite wife is HOT!
That's so funny. Robert has a couple other wives too and a girlfriend. You wouldn't believe the stuff that they do. Luckily for me, they are grossly obese with hair in unwanted areas. Hee. Hee.
Will's Mesquite Wife would never let her kids eat in the car, pack his lunch everyday, allow an X-Box, and want to spend every family vacation for the rest of her life at Lake Powell.
And please, you must tell me that he doesn't seriously want to live in Mesquite--ick!
I have driven by that stretch of land you described too many times to count, almost "mesquite wife-ish" for me to admit but I actually like it there!!! Drew has a 'girlfriend too' not quite to the level of wife yet, everyone needs one! Hilarious!
Sorry to say, but my version of "Mequite wife" is actually Eric's mom. If he says something like...can you make me breakfast at 6:30am I say, who do you think I am, your mom? Or call you mom, maybe she'll fly out to WI and do it. She probably would too.
Very attractive. You must worry about your competition.
Post a Comment