Me: Crap!
Ruby: Mom, don't say "crap." It's not a nice word to say.
Me: I know, I'm sorry. I slipped.
Ruby: Daddy doesn't want you to say "crap" anymore.
Me: Yes, Ruby. I know. I'm trying.
Ruby: Trying not to say "crap?"
Me: Yes.
Ruby: Because "crap" is a naughty word?
Me: Yes.
Ruby: And I'm not allowed to say "crap", right?
Me: Right. So stop saying it.
Ruby: What?
Me: Ruby, you know exactly what word I'm talking about.
Ruby: You mean "crap?"
Me: Yes.
Ruby: Ok. I won't say the word "crap" anymore.
Me: Ruby. Stop.
Ruby: I'm not saying the word "crap", I'm just talking about "crap."
Me: I don't want you to even talk about it.
Ruby: Ok, I won't even talk about "crap" anymore.
I give up.
8 comments:
So funny! Today Todd and I had to have a conversation about saying crap too. He said it though at swimming lessons infront of a bunch of other little kids. What a day!
That is so how they are! Hilarious.
She is a smart one, that Ruby. I accidentally said "that sucks" in front of Grace the other day (I was talking about gas prices, which really do suck). She started saying it. I can't tell though, if she's still saying it, or if she's saying socks, so I just go with socks.
That sounds exactly like a conversation between Jacob and I except for his word is 'stupid'. So funny!
OH CRAP. What am I going to say NOW? I thought CRAP was more appropriate than OTHER WORDS I COULD choose to say.
I guess I'll have to start saying "SHUCKY-DARN"
Seriously... these KIDS! :)
I used to think it was really cool to swear. I guess a lot of fourth graders are like that, but like many things, I probably took it too far. Over the past twenty years, I have slowly weeded out those inappropriate words from my vocabulary - except for the word "crap" and a very occasional "hell". I think it is healthy to be able to express oneself in such a manner from time to time. I guess my point is, go easy on the girl :)
I wish saying "crap" was the naughtiest word I needed to delete from my vocabulary. As much as it is a bad word, it's gonna have to hang out in place of the less savory 4 letter curses that I'm known for. Yikes.
That's really funny!! She's smart girl :) Like I said before, I think I give up before I even start.
Post a Comment