Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A big fat thank you


I rented two DVDs of the first season of Arrested Development yesterday. For the past 4 years, I have had numerous, numerous people tell me that I need to watch this show, especially lately. I can't thank those who recommended this show to me enough. I'm only 2 DVDs in but I'm already totally in love with it and its quirky characters. Why aren't there more shows/movies/books that are more character driven than plot driven? It seems like the masses prefer plot over characters, which is a shame and probably why the show (and others like it) didn't last long. It's too bad. It's pure genius.

11 comments:

Kasey said...

Just recently I heard about this show too. I never even knew it existed. Is it still running and what network? I may have to add this to my summer veiwing on Blockbuster online.

josieposie said...

Love this show. We watched it when it was actually on Fox. Now it's on reruns. Such a good show. Did you ever watch Sons and Daughters?

Chereebee said...

My sister in law is IN LOVE with this show. Me and Brett started watching it a while ago but I just didn't get too into it. (I think we only watched one episode) I probably need to give it a fair try and watch a few more episodes :) I've heard that it's super funny like the office. Glad you found a new, fun show!!

josieposie said...

George Michael. Classic

S. Gibson said...

Danny and I rented all three seasons and watched it in like 3 weeks. It is hilarious. We are big fans of Job!

KatieB said...

i can't believe you were never on the arrested development train! we LOVED that show! although, truthfully the first season is the best...

Shannon said...

I love this show. It's John and my favorite show! We are just finishing watching the second season.

Anonymous said...

BEST SHOW EVER! i pretty much cried when they took it off the air.

Shannon said...

My favorite character is George Michael. He's hilarious. Who is your's?

Annie said...

GOB.

Shannon said...

Gob is my husbands favorite and my second favorite. I think his character gets better and better in the series.