Monday, November 01, 2010

Ruby's Camera

Ruby received a camera for her birthday back in June from her Grandma Tena. Today we unlocked its treasures and downloaded everything from its memory card, including two videos I won't be sharing. One is an extremely bumpy 20 minute long tour of my mother's house, a description of every decorative item displayed, along with a step by step guide how to make gluten-free brownies. The other contained a conversation between me and my SIL Sarah while we were on the way to or from, I can't tell, NYC which was unknowingly videotaped. Due to the sensitive material being discussed, it has been deleted forevermore. Your welcome, Sal.

98% of them, Ruby took herself. My Mom and I took a couple at Disneyland since I didn't bring my camera. Anyway, here are some of the greats:

At Disneyland. Unfortunately, Grandma Caren missed the magical moment of May cradling Mickey's face in her hands, kissing his nose and saying "I love you, Mickey."
Olive wasn't as enthused.
This was taken shortly after.

Tea cups



In line for Peter Pan.
Yes, my child was on a leash.
Don't judge until you take a wanderer to a giant amusement park.

4th of July fireworks over the Susquehanna River.

Olive eating efficiently.

Auntie Sarah, checking the working status of her deodorant.
A fruit leather stands by for consumption.

A whistling old lady.

The sunset on the way back from NYC.

Two lovers in the Lincoln Tunnel.

Deep in thought.

Car nap.

Back seat entertainment. Who needs the excitement of NYC when you've got Sarah along?

3 comments:

yomama said...

Too many comments to list here, but top ten are: SO sorry to have missed that magical Mickey Moment - what can I say but I'm old, didn't have my glasses on and couldn't tell what was happening through that little lookey thingy, just that there were some loved ones gathering around some big ears.
The next 7 would be about how unrepresentative the tea cups shots are of a) my outer beauty - the camera adds 10 lbs., bad posture and a haggard look, right? and b) my inner joy that entire day that I can't believe wasn't being exhibited outwardly at all times - believe me, in my head, I had my arms outstretched and head thrown back while twirling on top of an alpine moutain peak, WEARING AN APRON...all day long.
Leashes and strollers are both the bombdiggidy.
And lastly, anyone who watched the Amazing Race last night will recognize the Bubushka. Made her grandma laugh out loud - as her great grandma used to say "She's a symphony in round."
Great post and a great little photographer!!

Lori said...

But I would have been interested in the bumpy tour as well as the brownie tutorial. Bummer.

I see Ruby has some pretty serious photography skills, just like her mom! You don't think she'd try and steal some of your clients, do you? =)

Tam said...

Can I have a copy of the whistling old lady picture so I can look at it any time I might be sad/mad/upset? Because I am positive it would cheer me right up. I love it.