Thursday, November 18, 2010

This Week's Meal Plan

I know this isn't very funny or interesting (let's be honest, I'm not very funny or interesting lately) but I always benefit when other people do this, so I thought "Eh, what the heck." Maybe you will, too.

Monday:
-Brown rice
-Steamed broccoli
-Orange slices

Tuesday:
-Greek salad
-Grapes and apples

Wednesday:
Leftovers

Thursday:
-Jambalaya (gluten free chicken andouille sausage used, as well as brown rice as opposed to white, bell pepper omitted)
-salad made with greek yogurt, apples, oranges and bananas

Friday:
-Spicy Lentil Cheesy Tacos (Spread Lite Laughing Cow cheese onto a crisped corn tortilla and spoon into that Madras Lentils)
-Leftover fruit/yogurt salad

Saturday:
Either leftover jambalaya, eggs&pancakes (gluten free for Rubes) or go out. We're going to play it by ear. Daddy will actually be home for dinner for once. Some might say this is cause for a well-planned delicious meal to be made. I say it calls for being with him and not stuck in the kitchen.

Sunday:
-Carnitas/Salad bar with:
-Guacamole: avocados, squirt of lime juice, dollop of salsa, pinch of garlic powder, pinch of salt
-Cilantro Lime dressing: a bunch of Ranch dressing, a dollop or two of sour cream, 5 or 6 tomatillos, a bunch of cilantro, juice of 2 or 3 limes, 1-2 garlic cloves, minced, all blended up
-Dessert: Flourless Chocolate cake with whipped cream





4 comments:

Whidget said...

You have succeeded in making me feel bad about myself. My week's meal plan includes the following:
Monday-
Around 5 pm look in freezer to see what can be made in 20 minutes or less.
Tuesday-
Same.
Wednesday-
Get take out.
Thursday-
See Monday and Tuesday.
Friday-
Make dad cook dinner. Sheesh, I've been doing it all week...
Saturday-
Go out.
Sunday-
Frozen pizza.

What are my sides, you ask? There aren't any, kid. Stop asking dumb questions. :P

[AnnieR] said...

HA! :) I know what you mean about sides. I kind of hate them. But really, don't feel about yourself. All of these recipes are super easy and don't take very long, which is a definite requirement these days.

Lance n Amber said...

Ok, our meal plan looks a lot more like Bridget's than yours. I am so incredibly impressed, Annie!

kassidi bridge said...

Oo, great ideas! It's always nice to get someone else's perspective on meals, it's nice to shake it up every now and then...thanks for sharing!