Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Couple of Things

1. The night I put up my shop it was featured on a blog doing a segment called "Look!" giving exposure to shops who had yet to have their first sales, but in this etsy shop owner/blogger's eyes, should have had sales. What an honor! AiClay, based out of Singapore, makes really cool miniature food out of clay, much of which is wearable. Rad, huh?

2. The next thing I'll be putting it in the shop...that is if I can figure out how to do it correctly...


3. MAY.

How do you like her outfit? She concocted it herself: a too-small froggy t underneath a pink leotard with an attached skirt over backwards striped tights. Smashing.
She's an odd little thing. Even though she's four and a half, she still has such a funny way of speaking.

Do you see the vertical, kind of c-shaped ridge in the middle of her ear?
According to Go, it's a deformity. We just noticed it for the first time the other day. She calls it her "tiki wiggles."
Other silly things she says that I can think of off the top of my head--
"Cinnamon Crunch Crunch" - Cinnamon Toast Crunch
"squib" - squid
"mud puzzles" - mud puddles
"plick-nick" - picnic
"It's so froggy outside" - It's so foggy outside.
"Valen-times" - Valentines
"Was you doing?" - What are you doing?
"My foot is busy." - Her foot is asleep
"blink-it"- blanket
"peer"- pear
"beer" - bear
We so love our kooky May May.

5 comments:

bethany said...

I love kooky things kids say-plick nick is my favorite :)

What fun to be featured on a blog-she found you through Pounce, which you also end up on every time you have a sale. It's another really great way to be found on Etsy because some people just peruse Pounce to see what others have been buying and purchase from that search. I don't think I ever told you about it before. Free advertising :) Your shop is doing great-you should be very proud! Congrats! Love the new little hat ideas!

john said...

What a peach, mae mae.

yomama said...

Me love her too.

Tam said...

i thought you were selling her in your shop. i would have bought her right up.

camie said...

I thought May? She's selling May?
I like that you're making girl hats AND boy hats. There's not a lot of fun boyish accessories out there. Sure wouldn't have noticed before.