Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Listen.



I've sat down to do this post about 20 times over the past year but never felt my words quite fit what I felt. I've been at this for an hour now and find myself in the same predicament as usual, so I'm deleting everything I wrote and am just going to try to keep it short and sweet.

There is a band you need to check out: Imagine Dragons. Don't judge them on their name. Just move past it. You'll be glad you did. This is the latest picture of the band--I think this picture was scanned from an article in a Vegas newspaper a couple of weeks ago.

My darling and talented BIL Dan, (the brooding young man in the center) who I have all kinds of mushy sisterly feelings for, is the lead singer/keys for Imagine Dragons. Mushy feelings aside, this band is good. Really good. And when you see them live, well, they just blow your pants off. Thank you Jimmy Fallon for that most appropriate phrase. My highly-critical-in-all-things-but-especially-live-music brothers John and Joe have both seen them several times and sing their praises. They're seriously good. I'm not messing around here.

People of Las Vegas: this weekend they are playing at Caesar's Palace with Jet and Crash Kings. They have shows all around town every weekend just about--check out their calendar on myspace.

If you live in the Utah area, their EP release show is being held at Club Velour Friday, April 9th at 8 pm. You can hear tracks of the EP Hell and Silence on their myspace. They have a couple of tracks on there you can get for FREE!

You can buy their first self titled EP on iTunes. I'm assuming Hell and Silence will be on iTunes some time soon.

Anyway, these songs, especially the new ones, have become the soundtrack of our house lately. So good.

The band just got back from playing at SXSW, have opened for Kelly Clarkson, played with Train, Blue October and a bunch of other bands they are way way way better than. They're getting all kinds of buzz. If you want to feel cool because you were into a band before they went big, now is the time because it won't be long until you hear them everywhere.

We love you Dan and are so, so proud of you.
Well.
Most of the time.


11 comments:

Unknown said...

You should have posted this a year ago! They are good!

Mandy said...

I checked them out, they were great! What a talented BIL! He also seems to be able to rock 90's dance moves....that could come in handy if you buy Wii Dance :)

Mandy said...

p.s. tell them to come to Seattle! We'd love to hear them live and we have a bunch of great venues here!:)

Jennifer said...

Wow! They're great! How awesome! You definitely should have posted this much sooner, and a Seattle show is definitely something you need to whisper in Dan's ear. Let me know when that is.

KatieB said...

okay, haven't seen dan or a picture of him since that weekend at the cabin oh, 10 years ago or so... holy puberty! they sound awesome!

yomama said...

And you forgot to tell all the single ladies that he's available.
Just doin' my part for Tene.

Jessie Riley said...

Listening NOW!
Loving it!
I'm putting the April 9 thing on the calendar and planning a date night for me and J!
Thanks Annie... oh YOU and your MUSICAL connections!

PS... i think it's about time for another post about what you are listening to/working out to these days! I need to update my J.Pod...

Julie said...

Would that be my husband in the red hat...

camie said...

I especially love the acoustic number they did for FOX news. Instead of books before bed, we had music before bed last night.

Elizabeth Jex said...

Yeah we were beyond bummed to miss that concert. They are on the fast track!

julie said...

ok, so it takes me forever to catch up to the world but i just downloaded the ep and i'm diggin it pretty seriously!!! i can't really love a band till i've seen 'em live , so let's get on that! ps... by some small chance might your dearest heart use the name "doc go" when leaving comments on itunes? pretty cute! i ♥ brotherly love!