Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Most Random Dinner Ever

I fancy myself a decent cook, but a decent cook needs ingredients. What is served for dinner when the decent cook is 5 days past due for a grocery shopping trip due to a sick kid, not feeling very well herself and a husband who repeatedly cannot come home until it's way too late?

Behold.





5 comments:

bethany said...

I'm sorry, but, gross.

[AnnieR] said...

Yes. It was. This wasn't a bragging post, by the way--quite the opposite. I figure any one who knows me would "get" that.

bethany said...

I didn't think you were bragging about eating Chex Mix for dinner :)

[AnnieR] said...

Oh I know. But then I looked at the post and all of a sudden it seemed like I was saying "And look at the meal I created from nothing! Isn't it fantasic?" gross.

Meagan said...

Can I just say that I'm impressed by your meal making creativity. It may be gross, but no one can knock you for not trying. You looked that challenge right in the eye and threw chex mix at it. That says something.

And P.S. Don't you think that Dave is (for lack of a less old-man-ish saying) a character? I'm pretty sure that he told me when you were pregnant with Olive too. Although I already knew from looking at your blog. He's a nut and I think its great.