Friday, April 03, 2009

Week Three

Yesterday I was wiping off my counter and something occurred to me: I hadn't touched a wet rag in like 3 weeks. Then I thought about it and realized I hadn't prepared a meal all by myself in 3 weeks, hadn't swept the floor in 3 weeks, hadn't done much of anything but be waited on hand and foot by my Mom for the past 3 weeks. As I was saying goodbye to my servant, I mean, mother, I thanked her. She said what I could really do to thank her was to post a new picture of Olive every week, which I'm going to do. Every Friday, in fact, since she was born on a Friday. That way I can just say "Three Weeks Old" and it's really means she's 3 weeks old, not 3 weeks and 4 days old, which I realize no one would care about but me but this is my blog, so wah.

Miss Olive's actually been quite a handful for the past 3 days. Very gassy and will not tolerate being put down for even one minute. So it's sort of a miracle I caught pleasant looks on her face this morning.

And since I am her mother and she lived in my womb for 39 weeks, I can totally read her mind, so I will translate for you what she is trying to say to you with her eyes. (She learned how to do this by watching Tyra demonstrate this technique during panel week after week on America's Top Model.)

"Hey. Wait a second. You're not holding me. Why aren't you holding me?
My tummy hurts! Holding me makes me feel better. Come on! Hold me!"

"Oh, wait. I just saw my sister. She's so cool.
Especially the way she's sitting up all by her self.
She's so cool that she almost made me forget that my tummy hurts.
Hey. My tummy hurts. Hold me!"

6 comments:

yomama said...

BEST POST EVER!!!!!!
Though it would have been perfect with pics of Ruby and May - but not expecting it at all since I know what your mornings are like!
You can see that fuzzy little forehead that I miss dragging my lips back an forth on while I hold her! Was afraid I was creating a bald strip!
Thank you, thank you!!

Kristen said...

So cute! Rhys goes, "Who's Meaghan is that? Where do they live? Can we go to their house and the Meaghan's can play together?

Brandon Bridge said...

Yay for pictures every week!

Whitney said...

Annie, congrats on baby Olive. She is so beautiful! I love hearing your take on motherhood and life--it's a breath of fresh air! I wish I was closer so I could bring you a steaming pot of corn chowder!!!

[alisar] said...

You like corn chowder???

[AnnieR] said...

I like anything Whitney makes!