I saw this bag on etsy, was inspired to rip it off and make it myself for a new diaper bag.
And so I am.
That is, if my baby ever decides she'd rather chill in her bouncy seat
instead of snuggling her mama all hours of the day and night.
And so I am.
That is, if my baby ever decides she'd rather chill in her bouncy seat
instead of snuggling her mama all hours of the day and night.

For anyone disappointed that this had nothing to do with improving the environment, I apologize. Earth Day is over. We can all stop using the extremely over-used statement of "going green" now. Unless you're referring your newborn's bowel movement leaking onto your outfit or the onset of a sudden feeling of nausea. Which, interestingly enough, the two often go hand in hand. Instead of saying "going green", I think we should say "trying to be less of a jerk to the earth." Yah, it's more of a mouthful but way less catchy and irritating.
Oh, I love the earth as much as the next girl. Actually, maybe more than the next girl due to my doing all sorts of things to be less of a jerk to the earth for years, what with my neo-hippyism in high school, monetary donations to Greenpeace however small they were, my fierce devotion to cutting 6-pack plastic rings so seagulls and baby seals don't end up wearing them as necklaces and turning off lights and not running the water while I brush my teeth and supporting companies who don't test on animals and wishing my car was hybrid and reusing all sorts of old things in new ways but seriously, if I hear "going green" one more time, I'm going to scream. And that adds to sound pollution and we all know that any type of pollution is, like, a major downer, man.
9 comments:
Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.
I could not be in more agreement. This is a daily irritant to both Jeff and I. Often heard in our house, "If I have to hear the word green one more time I will puke".
I will MOST certainly be using your new phrase as I LOVE IT.
Question, why are the "green" people not more concerned with the MASSIVE amount of cigarette butts all over the place? And how smokers couldn't seem to care less about throwing their butts in the actual TRASH!
luvs, aby
I think that sound pollution is totally, like, one of the causes of global warming. It's bad.
We are so on the same wavelength today. Love the bag.
It isn't easy being green.
Really, it isn't easy using the "common sense" side of the brain. That would be tooooooooooo simple, that's for sure!!! Also, love the bag!!!! Your'e favorite Auntie is "going blue" Now there's a radical thought. I'm embracing a more hemispheric venue.
that bag is so cute!! good thing olive won't give you free time or i'd be begging you to make me one too!
Love the bag. It is tres chic.
That is a really cute bag. I'm envious of your ability to copy.
Um....I'm pretty sure you don't want to live where I live. The phrase that I won't mention but that hurts your brain just to think about is practically the town motto. My head falls in shame each time I grocery shop and I don't buy organic, don't bring my reusable grocery bags and then don't even recycle. I am one big ol' carbon footprint (now, that's what you really need to throw around to sound hip. "Green" is so 2008).
Note to self. Use NEW phrase when urging people to LOVE the enviroment as much as I always have. You kill me!
BUT... I do love the green bag!
Post a Comment