Yes, in the past I may or may not have made fun of babies with big honking bows on their heads, both written and verbal. What I have not explained before is that I believe there to be, when it comes to babies' hair accessories (or head accessories, in the Reynolds girls' cases) a definite head size to bow/flower size to band width ratio that, in my eyes, needs to stay within a delicate balance or pure ridiculousness ensues. And yes, Olive's is clearly borderline. But it was Easter. And the accessories is what tied everything together. Blahblahblah.



15 comments:
Cute girlies! Love the bow on Olive!
Well, I like it (the headband, that is)
Ok, I've typed and erased 2 comments. My brain apparently refuses to come up with something snarky yet pleasant about the bow. It may be due to Sable bugging me and trying to put her paci in my mouth.
So I'll just write; cute bow, you buckled, I agree about the ratio comment, baldies are best.
luvs, aby
PS - What does "hard core diet" entail? It sounds unpleasant and am glad you "can't" do it.
Awesome pictures and awesome individuals. Did not disappoint!!I think Olive has a future in hand modeling. Would love to know the record on finger length of 1 month olds. I believe she'd have a shot at it.
Darling pics and E's blankie was a perfect "backdrop"!
Even cuter than I imagined!!! I'm a proud 'no bows on babies' lady. I don't own a single clip, velcro thing or headband. But i'll admit it looks quite cute on Olive!
all this red is overwhelming.
sent from my iphone
Remember how I've insisted that May is Carrie Barrie? Well, I'm changing my tune. That is a miniAnnie if I ever saw it. I have a picture of you and Schneebes sitting in a chair doing entsy weensy spider at about three, and the face in that picture is May's exact little face. SO CUTE all three!
And I'd like to leave a comment to John on his comment:
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
cute as always!
Cute cute girlies
You know I hate to namedrop, but OLIVE is coming to my house this weekend.
I missed even seeing you on Sunday. I love the girls dresses!
OK, where on earth do you get a purple soothie pacifier? I was so excited to get my baby pink ones at Wal-Mart until I got home and discovered they were for 3+ months (they're harder) and now that she's 3 mos, she rarely takes one anymore. So sad. Maybe my next daughter.
Oh, and I meant to say, your girls are cute. :) I really do mean it, I swear! :) I love their dresses!
Babies r us!
Post a Comment