Thursday, March 05, 2009

Things That Help

When you are having a stressful and yucky day, here are some things that will help make you feel better:

ALL IN RUN-ON SENTENCE FORM! JUST FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT!

-Receiving a very cute bouquet of flowers from your sweet MIL which is held inside of a yellow colinder which happens to be something you've always really wanted but have never bought because Miss Cheapy Pants told you that even though it only cost like $8, you have a perfectly good plastic white colinder sitting in your cupboard at home that works just fine, so just keep on walking, sister.


-Venting to a loyal friend and realizing she would throw the first punch if you asked her to because she knows you are just too tired to do it yourself and then imagining that loyal friend actually throwing a punch and getting a good 5 minute chuckle out of it.

-Reading a comment made by your mother about how much she loves Justin Timberlake and realizing she might just be a cougar and what a funny post that would make, especially since she hates the term cougar but the fact that she is coming to visit just one day after she would read the My Mom is a Cougar! post, it is highly likely that upon her arrival, while waiting for her baggage at the airport, she would all of a sudden reach over and claw your eyes out because she's a cougar and that's something that cougars do.


-Staying up way, way too late while eating cheesecake and gabbing with girlfriends.


-Having a husband on a rotation that allows him to actually be home to watch your kids so you can go stay up way, way too late, eat cheesecake and gab with girlfriends.



-Having a husband on a rotation which allows him to get your daughter on the bus in the morning while you go sweat off your frustrations at the gym.

-Knowing that very soon, you will be holding and squishing a baby that will probably look something like these squishy babies:

10 comments:

bethany said...

Ohhh-the yellow collander-I love it!!

Sadly, I still have the game Girl Talk. Maybe I should have some friends over and play it...soon.

Kristen said...

That post was a joy!

KatieB said...

i, too, really enjoyed your mother's thoughts on justin timberlake!

Hansen Family said...

I can't wait to hold your squishy baby!! Thanks for last night:)

Meredith said...

it's really fun to eat cheesecake, period. i think it would be even GREATER fun to eat cheesecake when one is pregnant. when sarah and i watched that horrible christmas movie "the preacher's wife" with whitney houston and DENZEL, denzel buys 2 pieces of pizza, sandwiches them face up, and eats them. sarah and i decided then that we would do the same when we were prego, without remorse.

the end.

yomama said...

Thank you Katie B. And I'm sure that you did not picture anything cougaresque in reading my comments, as I did not refer to his sexy back nor anything akin to it, but merely observed his incredible amount of talent which he totally has and I stand by that statement.
I did go to BYU and my grandpa's nickname was Cougar, but being a dedicated cougar in the sense that was referenced, would require one to a) leave the house and b)when doing so, don something more seductive than a grey sweatshirt, fuzzy slippers and a repeat of yesterday's bedhead.
Quite confident that other than a creative blogger, no one will ever accuse me of being on the prowl.

[BrookeO] said...

Annie, have I told you lately that I adore you?! Well, I do. I totally feel your pain, but honestly I don't think you are near miserable enough, well at least your blog'n always sprinkles some sunshine my way and if you know where I live that is no easy feat.

I keep check'n, GOOD LUCK, maybe do some indian style sitting on the floor...just a thought.

Cheryl said...

same exact experience with the colinder after lexi's delivery. Sad to say I was way more excited about the colinder than the flowers inside.

Dude, I loved playing girl talk. Anyone still have it...sounds like a perfect girls night! guess it would need some new questions.

MOMMACITA said...

Totally in favor of a yomama/cougar post. Just saying.

Maryanne said...

Hey Annie,
How are you? I was just over reading Tamara's blog and enjoying your comments over there and then thought, hmm, is this an Annie R that I know? Jared and Michael and Tamara are all from the same little town. Anyway, hope you're last few days to baby go well. And that you can get through PA's terrible March (we're in Pittsburgh and it just drags)...