Here's why:
Did you ever have a bestest besty friend growing up, one whom obsessed over the Beatles with you, consumed massive amounts of frozen yogurt with you, watched every single Hitchcock film ever made with you, memorized the Newsies soundtrack with you, cried with you every time Meg died and Jo denied Laurie, wore Birkenstocks with you, got annoyed with the same pesky boys with you, drove to seminary in the dark early hours of the morning with you, rode bikes with you, looked for stolen bikes with you, baby sat with you, worked at Chick's Sporting Goods and Hogi Yogi with you, jogged with you, jogged while eating Hershey bars with you, was on swim team with you, TP'd people's houses with you, Girls Camped with you, Youth Conference with you, skiied with you, Palm Springed with you, EFY'd with you, ate pepperoncinis with you, had Sunday night game night with you, had the same curfew as you, had the same futile crushes on various boys with you--though thankfully never at the same time as you, had endless amounts of inside jokes with you, and since you both were attached to the others' hip, applied to the same college with you, then roomed at college with you, was like a sister to you and together you vowed you would someday be related?
No? Man, you missed out.
I was lucky enough to have had (and still have) a friend like the aforementioned. Elizabeth Eaton Jex and I? We did it: at the end of July, we will be related.
We both had dates.
I swear.
I swear.
[E: you may find this hard to believe, but this was one of the FEW pictures that did not have
a) at least one of us in our swim suits
b) someone else in the picture I would have felt obligated to Photoshop out
c) both of us covered in an assortment of condiments]
Elizabeth's little sister, Sarah Eaton, whom I would love and adore regardless of her last name, is marrying my brother-in-law: Go's little brother Harry this summer. She will make a stellar addition to the family.


9 comments:
That's so exciting! I read the top of your post and knew, so I just scrolled down to find out exactly who...Congratulations, Eatons, Garlocks, Reynolds, et. al.
And yes, I can vouch that you did have prom dates, other than each other!
#1: i love that picture of you that you just put back in the banner. so glad to see it again.
#2: isn't this whole situation just dreamy??????? and this means that no matter what, i see you in but 4 months!!!!!! the stars were so aligned when you and e were in that math class together.
Them Eaton genes are lovely.
Not nearly as elated as I am, Annie! :)
So glad they're "official" now.
And look at that prom picture of you two--is there any wonder that it took Katie & I two months to even dare speak to you two hotties?
And, I have to give credit where credit is due--I'm a jewel on your matchmaking belt.
Very nice. Is it bad that I'm still secretly hoping for this with many of my friends?
I love it! :)
Okay so how did I miss this post? I didn't scroll down enough. This union is beyond awesome! BEYOND! Thanks for the lovely tribute to our friendship. It cracked me up. And um, we so had prom dates. And when I have a moment, I will scan all my pictures of us and email them to you, and you can do the same. I'm pretty sure I have some that don't need photo-shopping, include bathing suits, or condiments...I think. So you can count on that sometime in the future, near or far.
Ooo! Ooo! Does this mean I get to be moved from "Friend Peeps" to "Family Peeps???"
Post a Comment