breastfeeding. Except can I just say how much I don't like it? I don't
do well with the whole "sitting still" thing. If you think I'm
exaggerating obviously you've never been in a church meeting with me.
Moving on.
So last night, I was upstairs here gliding and nursing when I heard
Go's cell phone ring while he was studying downstairs. He answered it
with a stiff hello, which told me he either a) didn't want to talk to
whoever was calling or b) didn't recognize the phone number the caller
was calling from. It ended up being b. His side of the conversation
went something like this:
-Hello?
-Oh, I think you have the wrong number.
-No, sorry. There's no one by that name here. What number did you call?
-Thats this number but...
-Nope. Sorry.
-Right. You have the wrong number.
-I don't know what to tell you. I've had this number for three years
now.
-Yep. I'm sure.
-Its all right. Bye.
Why? WHY is it that whenever someone dials the wrong number, they try
to talk you into being the number/person they were trying to talk to?
Like after you tell them that they've got the wrong number, they drill
you with questions and what do they expect? All if a sudden you're
going to say "Wait a second. You know what? I forgot. There IS a
Dolores here," or "Even though you and I both know you dialed the
wrong number, would it help if I PRETENDED to be Dolores?"
So annoying.
Sent from my iPhone
3 comments:
Oh Annie, I know you want us to do you a favor and blog for your entertainment, but I am no match for your skills. Please keep blogging for my entertainment. Once I did receive such a phone call and the old lady said (in all seriousness, and quite sadly) "Well, do you know where my daughter is then?" Um. No. I'm sorry.
Please get one of those fancy buttons so I can attach you to my blog and let everyone else know how hilarious you are. I am not a blog linker, but your button I would be proud to display.
Our number is very similar to an Auto Electrics place (I think the last 2 digits are switched or something) and I get these burly dudes calling my house at 8am and they get a little annoyed at me. I don't know why, I'm the one they woke up or had to detach a baby from me - they are the ones who called the wrong stinking number.
My other pet peeve is when they call BACK and you have to go thru the explanation AGAIN.
we get a lot of telemarketing/chiropractic office calls even tho our number isn't listed! also the random "darlene? you there? i've been trying to reconnect with you for 5yrs. please call me back" pleas. kinda sad sometimes b/c i want to tell them darlene doesn't live here.
Post a Comment