But today there's a little part of me that wishes I hadn't said I wasn't feeling miserable the other day. Because now I feel miserable.
Maybe it's payback from the universe for riding the motorized cart around Costco yesterday--I rolled past a very old lady in the produce section who definitely needed it more than I did. In my defense, it was my Mom who made me ride it. If I hadn't had ridden it, I would have heard "You really should have driven that motorized cart. You would feel a lot better, honey," for the rest of the shopping trip, the day, the week, my life. Plus, I really wanted to see what it was like to be Mommacita. It felt good. Mostly because I'm an excellent driver. It did not feel good, though, looking at the picture on my phone that my Mom took of me in the freezer section, which I quickly deleted because I looked like I belonged on that cart, which was gross and wrong. I'm going to really, really like being not-9-months-pregnant soon.As a side note--I SOOOO don't want to go into labor until my induction Friday morning. I don't know if I've said this publicly or not but the reason for the induction is because I have babies extremely fast, like scary-fast. My labor with Ruby was 2 hours, which is incredibly quick for a first baby. And then the second time around, after they broke my water with May 4 days early (just because my OB was going out of town and I wanted him to deliver me) she was out about 15 minutes later--I remember him saying to me "Whoa, unless you want to have your next baby in your living room, you'll need to be induced with your third." So you can understand why I am fearing going into labor before Friday morning. Unless of course, you are the man who lives with me who is under the opinion that going into your labor on your own is much healthier and less risky than being induced, whole-heartedly believes his super-speedy race car driving skills to be top notch and just because he went to medical school, thinks he knows how to deliver a baby if needs be. No thank you.
14 comments:
Two words for you: home birth. :)
I know they aren't for everybody, but for my other super fast clients it would have been so nice not to have to get her to the hospital during transition...
Good luck! I'll be thinking and praying for you on Friday!
You're such a doula!!! :)
Okay so I rode one of those motorized carts around home depot at the end of my pregnancy with Julia. I was on bed-rest, but I had to get out and our kitchen faucet was leaky and we had to get a new one -- I wasn't about to let my hubby pick this out on his own. But then, in the kitchen faucet aisle, the battery on my cart went dead and there wasn't another one to be found. I had to carefully walk back to the car. Dumb. Kris considered pushing me in a cart but climbing into one of those didn't seem wise either.
I am keeping you in my prayers. I think you'll get everything you want! ;)
I know - it's ridiculous, isn't it?
15 min? You're crazy! Minus being in a jam if you go into labor, that must be SO nice. That really blows my mind! We'll definitely be thinking about you in the next few days, hope everything goes exactly how you want it! Can't wait to meet the new little one (obviously in person would be awesome, but don't know when that will actually happen). Good Luck Miss!
If only you wouldn't have deleted that picture....
I also wish that Kris would have stuck E in a cart and pushed her around Home Depot. When else can you get away with things like that besides when you are 9 months pregnant?!?
Good luck on Friday! I'd take 2 hours over 30 (the amount of time I was in labor with Jak) any day.
i'm really mad you deleted the picture. i would have loved to see it--and one of elizabeth in a cart to boot. fun times. my aunt had her baby in the bathroom after thinking she had time for a quick shower before heading to the hospital. her husband had to deliver it and he isn't even an MD like brandon... you'd be in much better hands! (to keep things on the positive side).
I can't believe the new baby Reynold's is already coming this Friday! My internet is so slow that I don't go to other people's blogs very much because it makes me crazy. Anyway, I'll be thinking and praying for you and baby on Friday.
I have all of you beat. I got pushed around Newport Beach in a special sand-compatible wheelchair (read monster-truck-like wheels) during a family vacation while on bedrest with Luke. Plus I had a 10-month old baby sitting on my lap the whole time. Plus I was in the ugliest maternity bathing suit ever (will elastic stretched so tight it eventually snapped). Plus my Grandma snapped a million pre-digital pictures that she developed and passed around for the whole everyone. Plus, my Grandpa VIDEO-TAPED it. It makes me shudder to think of even now.
But, I'll get off my soapbox. BEST WISHES on Friday. Sending all my love & prayers to you. I can't wait to see pictures and hear this name!!
three comments:
Um, I wished you would have used a picture where my ankles weren't exposed. Or my socks weren't black.
I've put Unkie Tim on notice not to let your child wander into the ozone layer until friday after you have received an epidural.
I can just see yomama laughing her head off in Costco after she snapped that picture. And I'm getting a kick out of it.
I'm pretty sure she stole your phone out of your purse. Am I right?
That picture is SO DARN FUNNY! I'm so sad that you deleted the pic your mom took, we would have all loved to see it.:)
Less than one day to go!!
I don't know why you are so opposed to giving birth alone in your bathroom. You and I both know that method can be very effective. Not only that, but the post-birth photos would make nice Christmas cards, and the placenta will make a handy snack.
Good luck chicka!
It's Friday morning and I didn't hear that you had her in your living room, so I think that is a good sign?
Can't wait!
Post a Comment