I had a rocky beginning with Ruby. I was expecting to again with May but I really didn't. Those first few weeks I look back to with great fondness--it was a really happy time. Mostly because I wasn't crazy. The only weird, hormonal Baby Blue-ish moment I ever experienced was at a sushi bar about a week after May was born. My Mom was still in town and watched the girls while Go and I went out for sushi since I hadn't been able to eat it for 9 months, which is one of the biggest sacrifices of pregnancy if you ask me.I don't remember the exact conversation or what led up to this but I distinctly remember thinking about my new little baby at home and literally weeping over my plate full of Spicy Yellowtail, Eel Avacado, Salmon Cucumber and Shrimp Tempura Dragon rolls, blubbering ultra-dramatically "I just love her so much!" After stuffing the huge end of the Dragon roll into my mouth, with tears streaming down my still-puffy from birth face, I looked at Go sitting across from me and he was obviously most amused. With my mouth full of sushi I said, very lady like, of course "Arm habing a bahbee boos momum rah naw, arn I?" which if you enter that into Google's Talking With Your Mouth Full translator, means "I'm having a Baby Blues moment right now, aren't I?"
5 comments:
Well, first and most importantly since it involves quilting, no wonder I was "led" to make this sister baby a California Roll inspired quilt!
And secondly, totally unfortunately, (how many ly ending words is one allowed per comment, let alone in one sentence)baby blues moments (if they happen) usually hit exactly like yours did - nothing leads up to them - they just erupt unannounced. I give them two thumbs down.
two thumbs down for sure, but at least your's are funny for the rest of us to hear about.
My baby blues moment came when I heard an old childhood nemesis of mine was getting divorced. I bawled and bawled, while repeating, "I totally hate her, I don't get why I'm crying."
Hormones are awesome.
Only 9 days! I cried over everything.
You went to the right place--sushi makes everything better. :) That's a really funny story, I can totally see Go staring at you during your "baby boos moment".
p.s. You actually commented on my recipe blog! I'm so flattered!:)
Post a Comment