Me: Hi, yah, I have a question about my daughter's insulin pump.
Customer Service Guy: Certainly. Before we start, could I get some information from you?
Me: Sure.
Guy: Could I have your first name, please.
Me: Annie.
Guy: A-n-n-y?
Me: I-e.
Guy: A-n-n-y-i-e?
Me: No, A-n-n-i-e.
Guy: Ok, thank you. And your last name, please?
Me: Reynolds.
Guy: R-a-n-o-l-d-s?
Me: No, r-e-y-n-o-l-d-s.
Guy: R-e-y-n-a-l-d-s?
Me: o-l-d-s.
Guy: a-o-l-d-s?
Me: No. R. E. Y. N. O. L. D. S.
Guy: R-e-y-n-o-l-d-s?
Me: Yes.
Guy: Ok, thank you. And you're calling about your daughter's insulin pump, is that correct?
Me: Yes.
Guy: And her first name?
Me: Ruby.
Guy: R-u-b-b-i-e?
Me: No, just one b and no i-e, just a y.
Guy: R-u-b-b-y?
Me: Just one b. R-u-b-y.
Guy: R-u-b-y?
Me: Yes! Perfect!
Guy: Ok, thank you. And her last name?
Me: Reynolds as well.
Guy: R-e-n-a-l-d-s?
Me: Sigh.
6 comments:
You made me laugh out load, lady. Hah. Love those scripted, robots that work in cutomer service. Well, in your case, someone who is just plain ridiculous!
I feel for you. Today I too was able to talk to a costumer service genius. It went like this... "Ask-crotch?" No. "Ass-crotch?" Yes. That's exactly how I spell my last name. Thanks.
I wonder what he would have done with Vermillion....
If you could only see the tears streaming down my face right now...
Hey, at least you could understand him clearly. There are so many of those customer service people that you can barely understand.
Oh, this wasn't some out-sourced call center. This guy was born and raised in America. A Chicago suburb, I'm guessing. With an awful education system, apparently.
Post a Comment