Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bathroom Humor Never Disappoints in This House

Since we're spending Christmas in Vegas/Irvine as usual, we celebrated here in PA early last Sunday. Santa was super nice and brought May what she had been talking about for months, which was a Baby Alive Learns to Potty. Yup, he really did.

This morning, the girls were playing with her (who's name is Flower, says May), feeding her bottles and watching her pee, each time screaming like Flower had just finished a marathon.

After about the 80th time running across the house, carrying a mini-toilet full of fake pee to show me, I was afraid they would spill, plus I was done pretending to be excited about Flower's fake urine.


Me: Girls, you don't need to show me her pee-pee anymore.
Ruby: Why not?
Me: Because I know what pee looks like. I've been peeing my whole life.

Ruby: (laughs hysterically for about 5 minutes, finally calms down and with a big sigh says)
Oh, man. That was a good one, Mom.

9 comments:

Lucy said...

I saw this commercial and thought, "Who would EVER buy this doll?" Now I know:)

I don't get girl toys. I suppose popular boy toys model possible labor jobs in their future as well (legos, truck driving, hand-to-hand combat in the military), but the whole toy vacuum, toy iron, toy kitchen toy shopping cart etc. etc. bewilders me. I know they are modeling and learning from their adult role models, but if I could avoid potty training for my whole life, I would do it.

I loved your response by the way. I'd have laughed for at least five minutes.

Amy said...

Every time my 3-year-old son sees that commercial he says "That's just scary, Mom."

Beth said...

Kelsey will be jealous. She totally wants that doll.

[alisar] said...

What you really should do is take the bowl from her innocent little hands, and drink the "pee."

yomama said...

Flower huh? When I asked May on the phone what her baby's name was, she told me Star.
Hippy Mamma or limited vocabulary?

yomama said...

AlisaR posted her comment just as I did, or I would have responded to it. Uh...considering your Racoon post, I SOOOOOOOO would not try that. Racoon see, Racoon do.

Wendy said...

Ruby sounds like the cutest, funniest girl to be around.

Leilana Warren said...

Ha! Love it. Totally made me laugh out loud.

Jessie Riley said...

little does Ruby know... that she will be entertained by your humor for the rest of her life.
She is one lucky girl!

I love the laughs I get when I visit your blog... some days recently... they have really been the only giggles I get!