Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Today's Confessions: a PhotoBooth Journal

1. Most of the time, I have wet hair:

2. This doesn't help hide my trailer-trash roots that I will have for quite awhile, thanks to a number of huge and unforseen bills we have recently received:


3. During a typical week, I only wear makeup on Sundays. So unfortunately, I look like this alot:

4. Fortunately, I think looking like a ragamuffin is funny:

5. These are sugar-free popsicles I buy for Ruby. I give her and May all the so-so red and orange ones and save all the more tasty yellow ones for myself:


6. We went apple picking and this box of apples has been sitting here in my living room for days. I will be attempting to bake my first ever apple pie this evening:

7. The size of my belly has doubled in the past couple of days. Last night, I was laughing at something Go said, when all of a sudden, I felt a stab of electric pain right in my core. Go thought he was so funny that he made me cry. He was a bit let down to realize I had just pulled a muscle in my ever-stretching abs and it hurt like a beast.

8. I got that dress at Wal-Mart.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the cutest ragamuffin ever... especially with stretchy abs!

amanda said...

hahaha.. love it!

Aby Runyan said...

I am excited to know that I am not the only person (under the age of 50) who knows and USES the word ragamuffin. This was by far my mom's FAVORITE word to describe us kids growing up. That and "street urchin". As in, "You kids look like ragamuffins, go comb your hair!" Or, "People are going to think I'm a terrible mother because you all look like a bunch of street urchins."

luvs, aby

Holly said...

i'm more impressed that the dress is from walmart than the fact that you are going to make your first apple pie. especially since i don't know you and don't know if the fact that this first-ever-apple-pie is a great thing (yay! she finallybakes!) or shameful (she's mormon and hasn't even baked an apple pie yet!)



you are mormon, right?

Jennifer said...

You're a goon! As for the Wal-Mart dress, hey, you do what you gotta do. There's no shame in living within your current means, no shame at all!

[alisar] said...

To Aby:
Oh, that my mother referred to us as "ragamuffins or street urchins." She usually just called us "buttheads" or "nerdlets." I say, count your blessings!

camie said...

Suddenly I'm in the mood for a popsicle. What kind is that?

[AnnieR] said...

Original Popsicle Brand - Tropical flavors

Beth said...

I love the roots. They make me feel happy and right at home. Viva la roots. I suggest chanting that mantra with gusto (that is until you are actually able to re-blonde those roots). But then again, your belly is so cute no one is looking at your roots anyway.

Cassie said...

Annie - have I ever mentioned how much I love reading your blog? I don't post comments often enough but you are responsible for many smiles and minutes spent on the computer! So, I'd love to join your "not getting ready everyday" club. Also, love your hair long it looks great, absolutely love Ruby's glasses and congrats on baby #3! Can't wait to find out what you're having!

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

I have a way to help lessen those roots, and I'm in need of it as well. Lets get together this week and play beauty parlor!

Leilana Warren said...

You look hot, prego! Seriously.