I'd like to express this combination of notboring-nice-smart-spiritual-ambitious-confident-cute in a conversation that look place last night after the very masculine tooth fairy insisted on giving Ruby $1 for her second tooth (as opposed to the 50 cents that Miss Cheapy Pants Tooth Fairy was going to give her) because that's the amount he always got for his teeth:
Me: So Ruby's mouth bled a lot more this time after you pulled it.
Go: This tooth wasn't as ready. I mean, it was ready but her first tooth was hanging by a single strand and this one wasn't.
Me: Did it hurt her?
Go: No way. I've got skills. (Gives me a quick twist-and-yank maneuver with his hand for demonstration.)
Me: I bet between your own and all of your brother's, you've pulled out like over 100 teeth.
Go: You're probably right.
Me: And you guys probably did dumb stuff like tie strings from the tooth to a door knob and then slammed the door.
Go: When I was pulling out someone else's tooth, I did. But I usually just used pliers when it was my own.
Me: Pliers?
Go: Yah, like needle nose pliers.
Me: Why?!!!
Go: Because my teeth usually weren't ready to come out yet.
Me: Why in the WORLD would you pull out your teeth with needle nose pliers if they weren't ready to come out yet?
Go: (looks at me with a mixture of confusion and "duh") Because I got a WHOLE dollar. And I was procedurally-oriented.
Because I married this notboring-nice-smart-spiritual-ambitious-confident-cute, I get to hear stuff like this on a regular basis.I really like my life.
9 comments:
Holy smokes...May looks JUST like Brandon!! but of course with long hair. :) And you are not boring either. I absolutely love reading your posts!!
I think that tops the "Goat Cheese Special Treat" conversation for my favorite Go story.:)
In our family we weren't nearly as brave as those "Reynold's boys" (for a long time growing up there were of course only boys in the family, and even when Sarah was born we still found ourselves referring to them as "the boys"). Anyway, instead of pulling our teeth out with pliers, we'd run screaming from our Mom when she'd suggest helping us get out a VERY VERY VERY loose tooth. I'm talking hangin' by the tiniest thread possible.
Thus, this is the main difference between the Dan Callister family and the Tena Reynolds family. It's actually pretty remarkable they're siblings.
luvs, aby
Very funny:) That sounds like what Nate would do:)
haha that's awesome
Remembering May's reaction to Ruby's first tooth loss. Good thing she can't reach the tool box.
There was always a lot of blood involved in pulling out my own not-ready teeth. And our tooth fairy upped the ante at a dollar AND a pack of sugarless gum.
And Rhys says: ..gggggggggggggg
Meredith waits until her teeth fall right of her mouth. I actually saw it fall out the last time. There's a little blood and A LOT of crying. It's painful for her to grow up for some reason.
Thank goodness he chose surgery instead of dentistry . . . needle-nose pliers?!
Post a Comment