Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Ultrasound

It is this morning. But I will have to wait to post the results (if there are any, cross your fingers) until after I tell Go because he won't be able to be there for it. Everyone in the non-medical world out there, your hands flew to your cheeks, your head just went side to side and you started moaning "Oh no! Oh no! This can't be!"







Everyone in the medical world out there, you crossed your arms, closed your eyes, nodded and gave a big "Uh-huh," inhaled and puffed out "Honey child, don't I know it. I've felt cho pain befo'." Unless your like in Derm or something.

12 comments:

[alisar] said...

Yup, been there. "Single mom" on ultrasound day. Kind of sucks the wind out of it.
Best of luck! I vote boy.

Betsy said...

I'm so excited to find out what you are having! Yipee...

Tam said...

amen.

Meagan said...

hey annie, you may not know that i am a reader of your blog...but indeed i am. and i always find it very entertaining! i had to post a big mammy-like "i hear ya child!" on this one. this whole internship/residency thing is for the birds. good luck at your ultrasound!

josieposie said...

boo hiss to programs that take husbands away to far off lands for years at a time. i am voting another girl.

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

That's why I told Nate we were having twins. Just to make him feel guilty for missing it. I guess it's not totally HIS fault he misses things like that. But he was the one who decided to be a Dr. Not me!

Nate and Jen Poulson said...

Oh and I'm voting Girl. I need you to have a third girl so when I have my third boy, we can pre-arrange their marriages. So much easier that way. I think you should get to choose your in-laws. (sorry Rubs you're stuck with Liam and I think you'll have to fight Savannah for him.)

Nat D said...

I can't believe you actually posted a teaser. Can't wait to find out.

At least he wasn't there to get mad at the ultrasound tech for making him wait outside an hour. That made it fun and hostile that day.

Julie said...

Or there is the option that you throw a hissy fit, so your husband manages to make it and then falls asleep as soon as we know the gender!

Julie said...

Or there is the option that you throw a hissy fit, so your husband manages to make it and then falls asleep as soon as we know the gender!

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

Hey now.....the road TO Derm is one of, if not THE WORST. After, yes, it isn't so bad. We are Derm, but I DEFINITELY gave the arms crossed shrug and nod. ;) Funny funny. Apparently there was an extreme exaggeration of Derm on Grey's Anatomy (which I have never watched) and have heard all about how they just "love lotion." I am going to use that from now on when people ask why Jonathan wants to do Derm: "he just loves lotion!" Ha! Anyway, CONGRATS on your girlS!!! That is fun and exciting! I loved your hahahaha conversation! Your Halloween costumes are incredibly DARLING!!! The girls in them are even cuter!!! Hope it was a good one! Should I say something else to make this the longest post ever? No. the end.

camie said...

You always make me laugh but the last line made me laugh out loud.