Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Snippet of My Conversation with a Very Annoyed Sonographer

Sonographer Lady: ...and it's never 100%, but it looks like you've got a girl in there. See those three lines?
Me: No way. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
SL: Yep.
Me: You're sure.
SL: Well..
Me: Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Oh. My. Gosh. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! So you're totally sure.
SL: Well, like I said, we're never--
Me: Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! But I mean, you're not like on the fence about it--you're pretty sure.
SL: Yes, I'm very sure. If it were a boy, it'd look like a turtle, but those are definitely three lines, but--
Me: Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
SL: (she takes the probe thing off my belly because I'm laughing so hard and just sort of stares at me) Are you ok?
Me: Yes, yes. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Ok, I'll let you finish. I'm so sorry.
SL: (goes to reapply the probe)
Me: Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Sorry. I just think this is so funny. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
SL: (obviously annoyed) Do you need to take a minute?
Me: No, no, no. I'm just really suprised. It's just really, really funny. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
SL: Why is it funny? Were you expecting a boy?
Me: Well, sort of. I just have two girls all ready and I'm just not that type of girl. I'm totally going to be that Mom, you know? The one with a bunch of girls. It's just so weird...
SL: So you always thought you'd have a lot of boys?
Me: Yah, totally.
SL: Huh. Well there's always next time.
Me: Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

15 comments:

leigh said...

Can you name this one Annie Junior please? I really enjoyed having a cousin named Annie growing up and I think my little guy would love to have a cousin-cousin named Annie too. Congrats. She'll be a fine addition to the family.

Leilana Warren said...

I love it. You're hilarious. :)

Julie said...

Congrats!!!!! You will be a fantastic girl mom :) And I'm sure all the drama will TOTALLY help your fraying nerves. So exciting!

Anonymous said...

D'be tough being a boy named Caren, so you were probably laughing at the relief.
Name dilemma solved.

Seriously, I have heard from someone in this house, "How cool would it be to have a girl named Tommy?" Which was brought up 20 something years ago as well.
Taumi would probably be the most feminine spelling.
Taking a page from yours truly and avoiding the jillion things I'm supposed to be doing and typing nonsense...not that you ever have typed nonsense, that part is totally on me.

Kasey said...

Girls are good. Congrats! She'll be real pretty!

Kasey said...

Isn't it weird though that a man with a bunch of brothers makes a bunch of girl babies? Weird! Shawna's husbands family is the same way!

acte gratuit said...

Funny, I always thought I'd have a bunch of girls, and I have three boys.

But it's like the lady said..."there's always next time...!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Unknown said...

That is too funny!! But congratulations for another girl!!! :)

Brandon Bridge said...

You are so funny

KatieB said...

at least you didn't pee your pants at your ultrasound. for my third i was so worried they wouldn't be able to tell the gender that i drank a ton of water to ensure the baby wasn't rolled up in a ball. it all went downhill from there. i left with wet pants, a third daughter, and a depressed husband.

Kristen said...

I enjoy reading the comments as much as the actual post!

KatieB - you poor thing. Probably one of the saddest yet funniest things I've ever read. I promise I'm laughing with you, not at you.

gojensens said...

We're happy for you guys! We have a real high chance that one of your girls will marry one of our boys! That's only if you move back HOME to Vegas!

Betsy said...

Yeah another girl! I definitely guessed boy too, but 3 little girls will be FUN! Congrats!

Jill T said...

You have to have lots of girls to pass along all your crafty/sewing talent!

Aby Runyan said...

OK, so I didn't post it - mostly because I haven't checked blogs in a few days (heaven forbid!) and didn't get the chance before your ultrasound - BUT, I totally knew it was a girl! It was OH SO obvious based on the last pic you posted of yourself.
Yup, you're a girlie mommy. Just accept it, and breathe in the pink.
Congrats to the whole fam!
luvs, aby

PS - personally I think all the girls born into the Reynolds family now is just God's way of having a little fun. But that's just me.