Tuesday, October 28, 2008

October 28

Happy Birthday May May.
It's been three years today
When we first met our May,
You made our family more complete.
You were such a delight
From our very first sight
Of your long lizard tongue and square feet.
It was in Iowa during the fall
But you weren't dreary at all
And so we named you "May,"
You were a sunny baby
Only gloomy sometimes, maybe.
We named you perfectly that day.
You had a small tiny head,
Covered in a soft fuzz of red
But soon it grew nice, large and round.
A skinny newborn you were
But plumped up nicely for sure.
Within weeks, chubby with rolls abound.
Acid reflux, torticollis and RSV
Put you through many a therapy
But it didn't slow you at all down.
You smiled and cooed
And wiggled and drooled
From the start you were such a clown.
At three months you were toted
For a week Daddy doted
And wore you in the Bjorn by the Bay.
Then we moved to the East
Where residency's a beast
You miss your Daddy all day.
You climb onto his lap
‘Round his neck, your arms wrap
You give big hugs and wet kisses.
When you're done with your mister,
You move along to your sister
Reeking havoc, creating chaos, making messes.
You've always liked men, especially your Pops
"Papa Tommy!" you squeal, he is tops.
You want to get held by random guys in the ward,
You wave and make eyes at strange dudes at the store
Within minutes, you've got them; you--they adore.
Your teen years, we don’t look toward.
We love you at three
As part of our family
We couldn’t imagine life without you.
Happy Birthday, MayMay
This is your day
These three years have simply just flew.

11 comments:

hoday said...

How sweet. I'm teary eyed. sigh. What little gifts. Especially that sunny May-May.

Kasey said...

Cute Annie! She started out cute and just got cuter! I remember you saying once when she was a baby that she decided being petite wasn't for her. I love her chubby cheeks. She's squishy and pinchy! I promise when I meet her I won't squich and pinch too much...I don't know though. I may not be able to help myself. ;)

Hansen Family said...

Happy birthday May May:) We love you:)

MOMMACITA said...

Don't make me say that stuff about CarrieBarrie again. It's getting me bored. But I can't help thinking it.

But what a cute pie. Like a bugbug.

Anonymous said...

MayMaybugbug. I like it. I'm sure that's the closest I'll ever get to a grandchild being named after me and I think it's a good one.
And hate to say this when you're having such a bleeeckhhh week, but do I smell a rhyming Christmas poem tradition forming?

LCFrohm said...

Happy Birthday, May girl!
I remember finding you on the recovery floor after May was born. Can you believe it's been 3 years? Time has flown. And she's just a beautiful little girl!
What a nice post! (making me feel like a terrible mom, with no posts for my boys birthdays) :(

Kristen said...

Phew - there should be a warning on that for over-emotional pregnant ladies... I loved it, even my crying.

Happy Birthday, May!!!!

Wendy said...

I love rolls! That's the only way to go.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday May May! And I vote for the rhyming Christmas poem, too!

Holly said...

so, so, so, so cute—the girl and the poem.

Jennifer said...

I definitely think this whole post should be printed, framed, and hung on her bedroom wall. You are a-May-zing! May is so freaking cute! Happy birthday to May!