
The girls keep referring to the baby as a boy. I think they might be right but (hopefully) we'll get to find out on the 30th.
This morning after Ruby exclaimed how big my stomach was getting, I told her how big the baby was and how much bigger it had to grow before it could come out. She asked to feel my tummy, so I stuck my belly out. Ruby rubbed it and said "Hello, baby" into my belly button, which she believes, along with my aunt Mary, is a communication device into the womb. I asked May if she wanted to feel, too. With great trepidation, May put her hand out, barely touched it, then quickly jerked her hand back, yelping "He tickled me!"
Then for the billionth time, Ruby asked when the baby would come and for the billionth time, I answered not for awhile, we have to wait all through winter. (Which I'm REALLY looking forward to. Gaaah.) All of a sudden, May stood up and yelled "And then he'll come and he'll poke out! And he'll be scary! A scary baby, Mama!"
Whoa. So true on so many levels.
6 comments:
Seeing you stand in front of a tractor and corn is an oxymoron.
you totally get me.
I. Am. Dying. When are we ever going to get to see you guys again?
How funny, don't kids speak the truth! You look so cute! I can't wait to hear what you're having!
Great mental pictures of this scene. What's up with the 2nd child being so suspicious--Luke thinks everything's out to get him too. Here's to hoping we get to see a Annie/Go boy creation!
Waisea has said, "He tickled me" once but every other time it's "He hit me!" I don't think he believes me when I tell him it's a girl so it should be interesting when he does meet her.
Post a Comment