Monday, October 13, 2008

Making a Spectacle of Herself

Ruby has joined the ranks of the Reynolds family and is now a glasses wearer. I bet she's the only one with Hannah Montana glasses, though. (...I say as I hang my head in shame.) Or maybe not...Dan.

She wanted to make sure I put every angle of her glasses up on the blog so that "Grandma knows exactly what they look like."


She took over ten pictures and really shot every possible angle but we compromised and agreed on four, plus an extra one:

This is her face painting she got done at the gym today. Believe me when I say that this butterfly was painted on the smoothest cheek east of the Mississippi.

11 comments:

Kasey said...

She's so cute with her new glasses!

Beth said...

Just when I didn't think she could get any cuter, WHAM. There she is with adorable purple glasses.

Melissa said...

She's such a pretty girl, Annie.

Betsy said...

very cute....So how did you know she needed glasses??

[AnnieR] said...

I've been noticing for awhile now that she would favor one eye more than the other, kind of turn her head when looking at something she'd normally supposed to be looking at straight on. Also, since she has Diabetes, we're supposed to be taking her in once a year anyway so they can dilate her pupils and see if everything is healthy back there. We really weren't thrilled with starting her with glasses this young, we thought about putting it off a year or two but when I quizzed the doctor a little more, she said "If she was of legal driving age, she couldn't legally drive without her glasses," so that kind of put things into perspective.

Tam said...

i see home crafted glasses on the faces of a four year old and a two year old i know soon. you look uber cute ruby!

Jessie Riley said...

She looks SO CUTE!

camie said...

Darling! My girls would beg for glasses if they knew they could get rock star glasses.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you so much for so many pics - that was so thoughtful, Ruby! I really do know what they look like now and I like them!
(I'm betting that Audra will be very jealous.)
I like the glasses, but I LOVE them on that face and getting to see that face so many times!
And painting on that cheek would be like painting on vellum!
Precious doesn't even begin to describe...

Kristen said...

I got glasses when I was six and it didn't seem to damage me too badly. :) Now it's just the wrangling of them and mom's job to remember to put them on her beautiful face before getting on the bus! (My poor mom, it took years for me to remember them everyday.)

[alisar] said...

She already sees the world so beautifully. I can't wait to hear what she comes up with now!