Tuesday, October 21, 2008

HOO!

My friend Bryn is having a baby boy and her shower was last night. One of the things I gifted her with was this polar fleece and wool felt owl I made.

His name is Vick. While I think Vick is pretty cute, I know he is not out-of-this-world-crazy cute, but believe me he's come a long way. You see, Vick started off as this weird teddy bear thing that looked like it just stepped out of a Lisa Frank sticker book (shudder) but out of survival, morphed into this most trendy owl.

I think Vick will be a nice distraction for the baby when it's needed. It will take the little guy awhile to figure out what exactly Vick is looking at.
HOO!

8 comments:

[alisar] said...

Where can I order a couple of felt pillows from you? Etsy shop?? You're such a tease!

Anonymous said...

Did you fulfill your "Keep Fannie Normal" prescription lately?

Luv Ya - Ethan

Kristen said...

Phew - for a minute I thought Vick was the baby's name and you were kinda going over the whole weird looking baby thing, but now he's filled out ok sort of thing, then I realized it was the sweet owl. Phew again.

Didn't we have a "pact" before Ruby was born that we would be honest to each other if we had ahem, 'cutesy-challenged' children. I'm glad we had it, just in case, but am also really glad we've never had to enforce it.....

Holly said...

since i am currently obsessed with owls, i love it.

KatieB said...

it turned out great! get that etsy shop going!

Unknown said...

That was the cutest owl. Even if it did start out a bear. Dang cute! You forgot to mention how awesome your little bootie/shoes were too.

Shelly said...

Annie...please give your auntie shelly a call. I have found a darling magazine that I want to send your way. Come one...give me a call or post on my blog. I need your address, darling!

The Thompsons said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Vick!!! (And am glad he has a name!) Kyle really wishes you would have taken a picture of the bear!!! Thank you for everything! You really should post your cute shoes...i seriouly thought they were boughten...You are amazing!!!!