Rhymes with moo? That's a stretch unless they asked the child to come up with rhyming words to animal sounds - which are heavy on the vowels. Would love to hear Ruby's explantion...or Camie's. One's expanded size in pregnancy does make one more sensitive doesn't it?
I'd like to hear Ruby's explanation. I've been trying to think of an explanation and the only one that makes any sense to me is that "you" is one of the sight words she is learning and it happens to be on a cow because cows are cute.? If a vowel combination were being taught my guess is that it would've been "oo" for moo or "ow" for cow but that's a little advanced for the second month of kindergarten (generally speaking, of course). Please follow up and tell me the true explanation.
"The moo of you," she said. It's a way to remember sight words. They've also done "The whiz of is" and "The king of -ing." The post just wasn't as funny if I included the explanation.
I thought it WAS funny and I know it wasn't about sight words but you got the teacher in me thinking about it. I actually should've caught on faster. I'm impressed by Ruby's teacher. By the number of letters of the alphabet posted in your home, I know she isn't teaching a letter week by week which some STILL do and she's teaching sight words right off the bat. You should make her an apple pie.
Awesome teacher! We need to move to M-town. Cadence comes home saying, "hey, we did a lowercase today!"....it makes me feel like I'm a bad mom for sending her there and wasting half her day.
9 comments:
haha good question!
Rhymes with moo? That's a stretch unless they asked the child to come up with rhyming words to animal sounds - which are heavy on the vowels. Would love to hear Ruby's explantion...or Camie's.
One's expanded size in pregnancy does make one more sensitive doesn't it?
Uh...that was supposed to be explanation - it was not a subliminal slip of expansion.
Honest.
I'd like to hear Ruby's explanation. I've been trying to think of an explanation and the only one that makes any sense to me is that "you" is one of the sight words she is learning and it happens to be on a cow because cows are cute.? If a vowel combination were being taught my guess is that it would've been "oo" for moo or "ow" for cow but that's a little advanced for the second month of kindergarten (generally speaking, of course). Please follow up and tell me the true explanation.
It just struck me! Your mom is right. You, which is a sight word rhymes with moo and that's why the word "you" is on a cow. Finally, my mind can rest!
"The moo of you," she said. It's a way to remember sight words. They've also done "The whiz of is" and "The king of -ing." The post just wasn't as funny if I included the explanation.
You seriously crack me up! Anytime I want a good laugh I just visit your site. You are SO cute!
I thought it WAS funny and I know it wasn't about sight words but you got the teacher in me thinking about it. I actually should've caught on faster. I'm impressed by Ruby's teacher. By the number of letters of the alphabet posted in your home, I know she isn't teaching a letter week by week which some STILL do and she's teaching sight words right off the bat. You should make her an apple pie.
Awesome teacher! We need to move to M-town. Cadence comes home saying, "hey, we did a lowercase today!"....it makes me feel like I'm a bad mom for sending her there and wasting half her day.
Post a Comment