As I was trying to fall asleep last night, I found myself having a conversation with one of my alter-egos, Miss Cheapy Pants. Miss Cheapy Pants talks with her nose pinched between her thumb and her forefinger. Note I did not say that it SOUNDS like she talks with her nose pinched. She actually pinches her nose so that she sounds like that. She breathes less air that way and she's all about conservation, no matter what price she may have to pay (so to speak), asphyxia be darned.
Miss Cheapy Pants: So Annie, Halloween is coming up. Do you have the girl's costumes ready?
Annie: No, not at all.
MCP: Why ever not?
Annie: I've never planned, bought or made a costume more than a couple days ahead of Halloween in my life. It was just the way I was raised. But I don't want to get into that right now because I'm planning about blogging about it later on.
MCP: I understand completely. You're saving up. But my goodness! That's preposterous you're not more prepared!
Annie: Really?
MCP: You have no excuse! You should have been in the costume aisle at Target last year, picking through the leftover Little Mermaid and Hannah Montana costumes!
Annie: Nah. I'm not much for wigs and pleather pants.
MCP: But what about the $1 ladybug costumes?!!!
Annie: I don't know. I guess I just don't care that much what my kids are for Halloween. Like I said, it was the way I was raised.
MCP: Say no more. I want to wait for your post.
Annie: I appreciate that.
MCP: Well, do you have an inkling of what you're going to do?
Annie: Actually, I do. You'd be very proud of me. It's not going to cost me a cent.
MCP: I think I just peed my pants.
Annie: You should really get that checked out, Miss Cheapy Pants.
MCP: I know, but I don't want to pay the co-pay.
Annie: People are going to start calling you Miss Pee-Pee Pants.
MCP: But I'll be able to hold my head high knowing that I saved $15.
Annie: Suit yourself.
MCP: So what are you going to do?
Annie: Well, I have a huge bolt of red upholstery fabric that's been sitting around for the past 2 years.
MCP: You could definitely do something interesting with that.
Annie: I actually think I'm going to try to make strawberry costumes for the girls.
MCP: Strawberries! How delightful!
Annie: That's what I thought. But I'm going to just kind of wing it. I'm kind of nervous because I'm not using a pattern.
MCP: Because patterns cost money.
Annie: Yes. And I highly doubt there's a strawberry costume pattern out there.
MCP: I agree. Don't waste gas going to a fabric store and looking for one. Just construct one yourself. But be sure to measure twice and cut once.
Annie: I will, Miss Cheapy Pants. Good night.
MCP: Sleep well, Annie. If you need me, I'll be downstairs adding water to your milk cartons and juice containers.
5 comments:
Way cute, probably very easy and the girls will be thrilled.
The very best way to be raised.
Handmade is always more special than store-bought!
dear annie,
i wanna be you when i grow up.
i'm so glad you have so many alter-egos.
i've got a couple old soccer uniforms laying around, way easier.
Post a Comment