Because also while I'm falling asleep, I like to think of myself as famous for something. Her face also scares me a little, and who wants to dream about puppy dogs and rainbows? A nightmare or two never hurt anyone. If she were to interview me tonight, I think it would go something like this:Babs: So, Annie, may I call you Annie? I hear you're famous for something.
Me: (Blushing. Well, not exactly blushing, per say. I pinched my cheeks right before the cameras started rolling, knowing that BW's style is to lay the flattery on nice and thick right from the beginning.) Of course. And yes, I'm very famous. That's what I've been told, anyway.
Babs: So you want share with me what you're famous for?
Me: Um...I don't really know. You tell me.
Babs: Well, let's see if we can't figure this one out. Did you write, extremely poorly I might add, some lame books about a one-dimensional vampire and zero-dimensional quasi-heroine? And use the same four words over and over to describe each character? And then in the credits of your books, constantly thank the band "Muse" for inspiring you? Like you actually listen to Muse?
Me: No. I didn't. But sometimes I wish I had. Because then I wouldn't have eaten tuna out of a can for dinner tonight.
Babs: Gross. Ok. What else could you be famous for?
Me: Uh. Let's not focus on the "Why", Babs, and move on. I've got to get to sleep tonight.
Babs: No, really. It's my job to get to the bottom of this. We've got to start somewhere. What do you do, Annie?
Me: I'm a stay-at-home-mom.
Babs: Oh. Well, beats me, then. Let's move on to something else. How about you tell me your deepest, darkest secret and then start crying? That's always fun.
Me: Sounds good, Barb. Well...only a handful of people know this. (Deep inhale. Deep exhale.) I'm pregnant again. I'm in my second trimester now, the most glorious of all trimesters.
Babs: I wouldn't know. I've never had children.
Me: Because you are frigid, frigid woman?
Babs: What? Have you seen me on the View? I talk about sex all the time! Which means I must be having sex all the time! Me! Barbara Walters! The sexiest woman alive! Did you not see the cover of AARP magazine last month?
Me: I don't watch the View. Nor do I read AARP magazine.
Babs: You don't watch the View? I thought you said you stayed at home with your kids!
Me: I do, but I have a life. And apparently, I've been out doing something that has made me famous.
Babs: But you're pregnant. You should be lounging on the couch with a carton of Ben & Jerry's watching me talk about sex.
Me: That wouldn't exactly help curb the morning sickness, Barbara.
Babs: Right. Let's move on. We've got to get you crying.
Me: Let's do it. I'm pregnant, right? This should be easy.
Babs: So Annie. Your third child, right?
Me: Right.
Babs: And when is the blessed event scheduled?
Me: Scheduled? Like when is the kid scheduled to arrive? This is a baby, not an airplane. You've never had any children, have you?
Babs: No...it would have been imposssible.
Me: Oh, I'm so sorry.
Babs: (Blurts) I lied! I'm a virgin. (Starts to sob) I've never been touched by a man. And I'm 200 years old!
Me: There, there. It's not that you're unattractive. I'm pretty sure under that stretched, gauzy face of yours and those layers of makeup, not to mention that weird speech impediment, there's a living, breathing, beautiful soul, that many, geriatric men would want to get to know and...uh...I don't know...uh...
Babs: Like John McCain?
Me: Exactly! But I'm pretty sure he's married.
Babs: Right, I knew that. That tramp.
Me: Hey, wasn't this interview supposed to be about me?
Babs: Ah, yes. My apologies. (Blows her nose on crumbled hankie she retrieves from her magenta colored pant suit.) All right, let's get back to it, shall we? I still haven't made you cry.
Me: But I made you cry, so doesn't that count?
Babs: Heck, why not?
Me: Good. I really didn't want to cry on national television anyway.
Babs: I don't blame you. Is my mascara running?
Me: No. You look like a perfectly made up corpse.
Babs: Thank you. All right. Where were we?
Me: Due date.
Babs: Yes. When's your due date?
Me: March 19th.
Babs: And are you going to have some reminder for those who read your blog? Perhaps a floating fetus in the sidebar, with a countdown of how many more days the baby has left bumping around in your womb?
Me: Nah.
Babs: Why ever not? Those things are so handy!
Me: I know, they really are. But "Seriouslysoblessed" has one and I just can't do it.
Babs: Ah. I see.
Me: I think we're due around the same time, too. Well, I'm really due. She's fake-due.
Babs: That chick is getting rich.
Me: And fast. And she's not even really pregnant.
Babs: And she's famous. For reals, yo.
Me: Word, B-Dub.
Babs: Hey, speaking of famous people, why are you famous again? Why am I even here? (Looking around, confused.)
Me: Barbara, Barbara. Let's calm down now. It's just your dementia kicking in again. I'm really famous for something. You're here to talk to me about...ok, fine. I'm not famous, really. I just needed to make you cry before I fell asleep tonight because I get mean when I'm pregnant. It's the only way I can have good dreams, if I make someone cry before I fall asleep every night.
Babs: That's awful. Well, mission accomplished. Sweet dreams, you fat cow.
Me: Not quite yet, but I'll get there soon enough, don't you worry your wrinkled, smelly head. Sweet dreams, Barb. May you dream of old men.
Taken back in July:
44 comments:
Let me be the first to say congrats. Three isn't so bad. (as if I know, 2 weeks into it.) Good luck with it all. Are your girls excited?
You made me read ALL of that so that you could tell me you're pregnant? :) Good thing I wasn't skimming... Congrats!! I'm excited for you!! I'm going to sit down and make you something for baby #3 right now. Well, not RIGHT now, but soon. Hooray!
I read the comment above (from Katie) and saw "your girls" and immediately thought of us-the Northwoods Girls-of course we're excited. Then I realized, everything isn't about me.
Annie, that is by far the coolest way that I've heard/read anyone announce their pregnancy. Kudos to you. 3...scary! You will no longer have enough limbs to control your children, that is, unless you can use your legs to wrangle them in....might want to start practicing that.
First, CONGRATS! Second, what a crazy way of announcing it to the world! I like your style!
ok, i overheard sarah whispering something about this FOREVER AGO and would normally, me being completely without self control, have bugged you about it even though you hadn't said anything yet and asked you all sorts of questions like, "DO YOU THINK IT'S GOING TO BE A GIRL OR A BOY?? DO THE GIRLS KNOW?!?! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO NAME IT?!?! SO WHEN YOU WROTE THAT POST ABOUT YOUR EARLY BDAY PRESENT AND YOU MOM ASKED IF GO WAS A BABY, SHE COULD HAVE BEEN RIGHT, RIGHT?" but i said to myself, "no, pumpkin, no." and i waited and waited and every time you'd post i'd wonder, "is this the blog post in which it will be made known?" and now my patience has paid off. i'm high fiving myself right now.
CONGRATUFREAKINGLATIONS!!!!!! i love you and i love your youngins and your homeboy and can't wait for the cashew to come (and for the morning sickness to be over)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Names you can't use: Oscar, Isis, $ (pronounced 'Cha-Ching'), and Olson.
Names you can use: Metcalf and Kevin.
i love that this is how you choose to spill the beans... bummer about not being able to use $ (pronounced "cha-ching")
ooooh, so brave.
So my question is...After Go graduates and the dough starts rolling in, is it then ok to use $...because I really like the sound of Cha-Ching... Now back to you Annie..Congrats! Very exciting! You'll have to tell me all about how wonderful pregnancy and having 3 kids is so that I can have the guts to take the plunge =0). Congrats on making it past the first trimester!
That was SO creative! And I must say you have done quite a good job at keeping it a secret, or just not telling anyone, I guess. I can't even tell. You are looking great! But then again I don't go trying to guess who may be prego around the ward.
Other "names" you can't use: "7" and "H". We've got dibs.
Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys!
Congrats Annie!!!! How exciting! You are a brave woman to go for 3 as a "single" mom. And you will be fantastic at it! The girls must be so excited!
Annie!
Okay, first of all, congrats on the baby. I'm so pleased that you are populating the world with more adorable, baby-Gap-model-worthy children who astound with wit and charm before they are potty trained!
SECONDLY. You read seriouslysoblessed?! I just learned of this most hilarious blog and I regularly take a detour from ANY homework to read a post. My favorite line so far "Are you kidding me? Preggo my eggo!"
Yeah! Yeah! Toe-touch!!
(I am so happy for you!)
xo.
Sweet niece Annie - I think that is the strangest baby announcement since Marc and Kenna sent me a box with the following items: a bag of sugar babies, a box of junior mints, a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and "spanish word for grandmother" cocoa mix to announce the (I'm told, but don't really believe) very last of their babies, our beloved Mary Catherine. But congrats! Speaking as a grandmother, we can never have too many grandbabies.
wow, i'm amazed that you were able to keep it a secret for so long. congratulations! 3 is fun.
Perhaps you will wish to name your little boy or girl Jake-a-doos because he was born on March 19th.
I'm thinking, yes. yes. that sounds just right. that would be the right and proper thing.
PS Congratulations!! You do make pretty pretty babies. So little Jake-a-doos will be pretty.
PSS. Baba WawWaws, you never dissapoint.
PSSS. OK OK Maybe $ could be a middle name. It kind of rolls off the tongue after Jake-a-doos. Imagine the first day of school:
Jake-a-doos-cha-ching?
Here.
CONGRATULATIONS!! Clever and funny! Hope you are feeling ok. Ps. My neighbors African dog is named Isis.
Congrats you guys! Very exciting.
Hip hooray! We need more cute little blonde headed, blue eyed half Garlocks running around the world. Plus, everyone should have to experience the insanity of three children.
Holy cow that was amazing. I felt the same way about Twilight, and I'm seriously so happy you know about seriouslysoblessed.
And Barb probably is about 200 years old.
Congrats on being prego!
Congratulations you silly girl. Hiding it from us all this time. Just wait till we have a big secret/news/occurance - we'll make you beg and plead before we tell.
luvs,
your loyal readers
YIPPE! I'm so happy for you.
What? You're having a baby? Who knew?
Congrats! We need more beautiful & artistic people in this world. Who better to bring them than Annie and Go?
Congrats Annie! One of my favorite memories of you is sitting at a baby shower and you remembering all the "fun" that goes along with having a baby and scaring the poor pregnant mom-to-be! I am glad you are not here to remind me now since I only have 4 more weeks until my baby comes and I have forgotten so much in the last 4 1/2 years!
Wow! I can't beleive you got interviewed by Barbara Walters! And the baby news is pretty exciting too.
So when can I tivo this rather unique 20/20?
Hooray for 2nd trimesters! And hooray for going public (so I don't have to stress about accidentally leaking the secret in front of any 1st warders!).
A few things came to mind reading this ingenious post...
1) A job well done to you and Go. Congratulations!
2) Barbara Walters is indeed 200 years old and she needs to work on her lisp. But, by the way, she does have a daughter (adopted, but maybe there is love in the frigid decaying heart of hers)
3) you ate tuna out of a can? that line kind of made me throw up a little bit
4) I think that is Annie formerly Gibson's birthday also!
5) If this is the pregnancy announcement....I can not wait for the Birth Announcement
Okay, favorite Auntie here. Remember, you were the one talking about your Hot, Hot Husband. And by jingle, Announcement!!!!! Congrats. I say the more the merrier. We will be able to see the new, little one at the family reunion out this way in June. Keep your feet up, and (I guess now)the View on!!! Babs wouldn't want it any other way. Love you guys!!!!
if its a boy can i name it hannibal or rex? because if you name it anything else it will be completely elementary
hip hip hooray!! That is SO EXCITING!!!!!
Yeah! Congrats! Bring on the velvet sweat suits. Do you have an idea of what you're going to have yet? Any guesses or wishes?
Congrats! I haven't been onto your blog in weeks, thanks to Miss Elle and her demanding little self ;-)
It's about freaking time! For the announcement that is. I've known since I went to the lake and saw your mom and overheard her talking to our nearly deaf Grandpa Ole about it. I don't think I was supposed to hear it, but I did and I have been patiently waiting for this announcement. So, congratulations! Three is not so bad, and four is even better!
SO FUN! We are only a few weeks apart. I went to put on some pants tonight and DANG they were too tight. You know that awkward stage where nothing fits...yep I am there and from the sound of your sweat pants comment you are almost there too :)
Woo HOo!
I'm slow to get the news, but congratulations! Very exciting, hope you're feeling ok!
Okay, the comment about your nearly deaf grandpa cracked me up. I'm only commenting on that because your email is down!
So did Jen know? She says she ALWAYS knows...
So I was the first to know and I wanted to brag about this, but I'm a little late (seen as I'm comment 43 who's going to notice my brag now)?! I am way too lazy to read long posts and I didn't even scroll down to notice the picture, my bad!
And your newest little one may share my birthday (March 16). We will be bossom pals.
Post a Comment