Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Like a Boy Scout, Only More Pleasant Smelling

Miss Cheapy Pants told me that posting on blogs was good, free fun so I decided to post again today.

I made a couple of sketches of ideas of how I wanted to construct these strawberries. Allow me to insult your intelligence when I explain that the circled outfit is the one I'm going with and that the swatch of fabric in the corner is what I'm using for the costumes. I really do think you're smart. Can we still be friends?

The fabric is super heavy so we'll see how it turns out. I've got everything cut out and ready to go and will probably start sewing tomorrow. I'm interested to see if I can actually pull this off.

I am now several steps closer to being prepared for Halloween. Miss Cheapy Pants is so proud of me right now.

8 comments:

Tam said...

CUTE! Would you mind making four? OK, OK, We'll get our own I suppose.

camie said...

SUPER CUTE!! I can't wait to see them.

[alisar] said...

Best of luck. If they don't work out, you can always recycle them into maternity shirts for yourself. (I have a MCP too)

Jill T said...

I love the strawberry idea. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Kristen said...

Love it. It's like watching a real project runway. You better Work!

Hansen Family said...

Very cute:) Could you make Connor a R2D2 costume for Halloween?

Brandon Bridge said...

Ooo, I like.

bethany said...

You're about 10 steps closer to getting your Halloween costumes ready than I am. I was further along until I found out at dinner last night that our friends in the ward are dressing their kids up EXACTLY the same. Back to square one again.