
There's this mini backpack we have floating around our house. I don't know why we have it; it was certainly never worn by me. I was never, nor ever will be, a fan of the mini backpack. I believe in wearing a backpack that is bigger than my bottom, so that my backside may look smaller in comparison. It's like how you should never buy jeans with teeny tiny pockets. Its result is an optical illusion, tricking the eye into seeing a gigantic, gigantic bum. (It's wasn't the Haagen Daz, it's just my pockets!) I also employ this concept for handbags, sunglasses, bling, cowboy hats, wigs, tutus, head gear, fake moustaches, etc.
May likes to wear this little backpack around filled with all sorts of weird things. But when putting her down for her nap, I take it away so that she doesn't strangle herself in her bed with its straps. Because I'm a very responsible parent like that, that's why. Somehow, though, by evening time, the backpack has somehow made it's way into May's bed. Go, when home in time, is the one who usually puts her to bed and every night, he has to confiscate the backpack again. So last night, Go was putting May into bed and as usual, found the backpack.
Go: May. Why do we have to do this every night? Do not put your backpack in your bed. It's not safe.
May: Sah-wee, Daddy. (Sorry, Daddy.)
Go: Why do you keep putting it in your bed?
May: It's just a joke, Daddy. A bad joke.
8 comments:
I secretly kept a mini-backpack for that one time that I know I would need/want it...then got rid of it this summer since, after all, I do share pretty much your same philosophy on mini-backpacks. Even so, last weekend I wished I still had it of course.
Lol May you crack me up kid
Oh May! I can't wait to meet you.
=) You an Kylee will get along famously! She's got a think for little purses, full of little treasures too...that she also tries to sleep with.
Send the backpack to me. My bottom is so small people call me little tiny bum almost every day. And then I act all humble and blushy.
I smell a emergency preparedness mole in the nursery.
avery does the same thing. with a very large backpack. i never thought to take it away when she sleeps. i'm a horrible parent. i'd probably let her sleep with a necklace on too. just kidding.
May is my favorite human being.
I can't figure out who is the funniest in your family- you, your girls, your mom or mom-in-law. You all kill me. My girls have a dozen bags full of treasures and Camille's favorite is a clear mini backpack that has a McDonalds "M" on it (a gift). It's my least favorite. She asks me everyady for a big backpack for her birthday.
Post a Comment