Sunday, March 18, 2007

Today:

1. I forgot to wear green.

2. I played raquetball with Go. We did not keep score.

3. I ate some of Go's Crab Florentine Eggs and discovered I had definitely ordered the wrong thing.

4. In the car, I realized I had been singing the wrong lyrics to "What a Fool Believes" by the Doobie Brothers. I hate the song. Apparently I'm subconsciously racist because for all of these years I have been singing "a white man has the power" when it is really "no wise man has the power." I guess that's what you get for listening to classic rock radio. You're subjected to the Doobie Brothers.

5. My Mom called me to tell me that for the past 3 nights, she has had dreams about twins. "So be careful" she said. Uh, thanks Mom.

6. We returned a really lame movie to Blockbuster: "Mostly Martha." A couple different people had recommended it to me, probably because they knew I like foreign films. The movie had this constant saxophone playing in the background, it was killing me.

7. I went to Wal-Mart with the rest of the masses. It took me for-ev-er to get out of that place. I cannot wait until we can afford NOT to shop there.

8. I shoveled the driveway and walkway to our front door. The snow was fluffy and easy to push. I almost enjoyed it.

9. I watched a DVR'd Scrubs episode from Thursday and laughed my bottom off. There was a segment about stealing scrubs that was perfect. We have so many pairs of scrubs at our house, it's ridiculous.

10. I ate perogies for the first time. Unfortunately, I think I'm in love.

9 comments:

john said...

i love mom and her "dreams". its like living with a magic 8-ball.

Annie said...

It is decidedly so.

Audra Bollard said...

Yes, I agree, your mother has an amazing sense of premonition. Since I've already had my Irish twins, I'm safe, but I'd love for someone else to be able to truly commiserate with me :)

Scrubs is the only show that actually makes me laugh out loud!

KatieB said...

i loved your day. beware of almost enjoying shoveling snow and loving perogies.... it sounds like pennsylvania's getting under your skin! you and chad will have a lot to talk about the next time you come to HOME (did you like how i used the word home to describe california?)

Kristen said...

For-ev-er as in The Sandlot? Man, I hope you have seen that movie....

Annie said...

Kristen, I've seen "The Sandlot" more times than any other movie. Yes, x-roomies, I've seen it more than "Reality Bites," hard to believe but it's true. I was quite sure as a preteen that I was going to marry Mike Vitar, the kid who played Bennie. Where did that guy go? Man. I had a goldfish named Squints for about a minute. Whenever I'm putting lotion on my girls after their baths (gotta love the eczema) we say "Lotioning, oiling, lotioning, oiling, I can't take this no more!" I often tell people they play ball like a girl. When someone cuts me off on the freeway, I stick my head out the window and yell "You bob for apples in the tiolet...and you LIKE it!" Ok, not really. I usually just give them the shakey fist. Whenever I see a foxy lifeguard, I consider pulling a Squints. Ok, that's not true, either. But what is true is that one day I went out to Sandy, Utah all by myself and drove up and down all the little streets until I found the exact one where the scenes with Squints and Wendy Peffercorn were filmed. I was 22. I'd venture to say that "Sandlot" has molded my entire life. So uh, yah. I've seen it.

[alisar] said...

Sandlot was a little after my time I'm afraid. My little brothers were devoted fans... Too bad I'm so old. There really is a generation gap standing in our way.
I think you should give your mom's dreams some credit. You never know... My mom has very spooky and accurate (sometimes) dreams. In fact, I've been marinating a dream post idea in my head for a while.
What are perogies??? I'm always on the lookout for new foods to gorge on while I can use the pregnancy excuse.

Annie said...

Perogies are pasta pockets (like raviolies in the shape of a potsticker) filled with potato and cheese deliciousness. Pure evil carb ecstasy.

Kristen said...

I'm so glad that you've seen it and I'm very excited just from the way you typed for-ev-er that I knew what you were talking about. and Benny was way hot....way, way hot. It's a huge fav with me too, but I have to say I've never drove to Utah to see the exact street, but I can put in on my lists of things to do b4 i die. So you are not the only L-7 weenie out there!