Monday, March 05, 2007

The Center of Everything


I just finished a book on tape that I thoroughly enjoyed. The Center of Everything by Laura Moriatry is a coming-of-age novel but not as obnoxious as most coming-of-age novels, a tale made up of several themes, the main one being unrequited love (a theme that never tires) set in the 80's with complex and truthful characters. I finished the tapes yesterday and have found myself thinking about the characters all day today. I connected with several of them for different reasons, I guess. It's a great read (or listen) if you're in the mood for some good teen angst. As a side note, because of some strong language, if you're next in line to host a book club that is made up of super conservative ladies, I would recommend passing on this one and reading it by your own evil self.

1 comment:

[alisar] said...

I'm so grateful for a relaxed book club, full of cool, faithful, and relaxed ladies. Too bad I only have two more meetings left. The Washington year has flown by, but let me tell ya, them' my kind of people.