
He was my first famous-guy-crush and consequentely the longest lasting. Yes, yes, I know he has been in some nasty gross movies but I didn't see them, so I can still like him, ok? Last night we saw "The Prestige." I highly recommend the movie, whether you're in love with Christian Bale or not. It was really, really good.
6 comments:
i won't tell you how many times i watched "newsies" when it first came out... but i will add that i was 12! i liked the prestige too.
I love Christian Bale, too--Newsies AND Swing Kids, I mean, how can you not love him? However, I hated the Prestige. We just saw it last night, too. I guess the twist is kind of interesting, but by the time I got to it, I was so depressed I didn't even care! I could not relate to the obsession with one stupid trick that would make anyone destroy their whole life and everyone they loved. I had to watch an episode of Gilmore Girls (even though it was 1:00 in the morning) just to cheer myself up!
Julie: Yes, Gilmore Girls makes for an excellent palette cleanser.
Katie: I should have busted out my Newsies soundtrack when we lived together. Oh, the fun we could have had.
I loved the prestige too! You should see the Illusionist--not quite as good of a twist, but similar theme.
Julie, I can't believe you hated the Prestige. We're usually so in-sync. I LOVED it. Great idea to have a mind cleansing agent. I'll have to get one too (although mine will definitely not be G.G.).
I don't have a crush on C.B. either. I have found my recent crushes to be much older. Like when I couldn't keep my greedy eyes off of George Clooney at the Oscars. Weird.
Thanks for the great movie recommendations. "The Prestige", "The Illusionist" and of course "Newsies." That'll keep our Netflix busy. I wonder how Tom will react when he finds out that not only can I sing along with "Newsies", but I know the choreography as well. Impressed I'm sure.
Post a Comment