A friend I've made here (yes, I'm actually starting to make friends!) has commissioned me to paint a Pennsylvania landscape in oil paints. 24"x36". That's pretty big. I've never painted a landscape before. And I'm still not completely friends with oils so this will be challenging. Hope I don't blow it. I'm actually trying to paint one that I've pieced together from 3 different photographs, which I hope will not look as awkward as I'm predicting it might but I'm trying to have a little faith in myself. All I can do is try it, right?
Also, I am almost done with the "underwater" mural I've been painting on a friend of a friend's (yes, another friend!) 25 ft(?) basement wall. It hit me the other day: I'm actually making money as an artist. Wow, there's a dream come true. I will post pictures when the mural is finshed (it looking great) and post updates on the landscape.
6 comments:
Okay, so does this mean that I can buy art off of you? No seriously.
girlfriend, if the price was right i'd do the chicken dance in the middle of the street.
Congrats! making money from doing something you love is awesome! And I never told you how much my friend's daughter LOVED her purse. Tho Rhys tried to steal it, so I guess he loved it too! And now you can say you're an international company as well!
i'm so excited for you!
and... of course i want to see pictures.
Someday I'm going to commission you to illustrate the fairy tales my dad wrote for me and my siblings. I would love to see the images brought to life. Pencil me in for 2013, when I finally have some money :)
Pencil me in right after Alisa! Maybe I'll get a portrait of each child, like the one you did of Ruby in the bear suit. I love that one. Hmmm, I guess I have a few years to decide :) Of course, by then an original Ann Reynolds will be so in demand, I may still not be able to afford you!
Post a Comment