When we're on our trip next week, I won't be taking my camera. I'm bummed but it's too risky. Like what am I supposed to do with it when I'm in the water? Just leave it on my stolen cruise ship towel on the shore? So I'm going to be keeping a sketch journal of images I don't want to forget. (Enter Nude-Beach-Joke
here.) I've done this on trips before and I'm always so glad I take the time to do it; those little quick sketches take me right back. I went looking through the dusty archives of this four-year old blog (p.s.-I used to be a lot funnier when I only had 2 kids) because I had sworn I had posted some of them but I think I chickened out, not wanting to appear like I was starved for attention concerning my artwork or something. Picture me wearing my
Vote for Pedro T-shirt because that's, like,
SO 2004. Or I did it and I just can't find that post, in which case, you've seen most of these before. Well, either way, I love to see other people's sketches so I figure you'd like to see mine. Do I really need to be explaining this at the point we're at in the blogosphere? I mean, really.
Here are some from when we went to San Fransisco (do you hear my thumping heart?) for 5 (of some of the best days of my life) in March of 2006.



2 comments:
i have a really great quote from EB White about how when we take our cameras and make them "capture" the moments, we aren't really soaking it all in and being present at where we are. almost like a false experience.
anyhoooos, to make a long story short, whenever we go somewhere i don't bust out the cam very often and try to just soak it in. your sketches are another awesome example. thanks for sharing.
and yeah, the blogging world just keeps changing and changing no?
Your sketchces are so great, I can't wait to see them. Have fun on your cruise, where are you cruising to?
Post a Comment