Back before we had three kids and Go was a resident, mostly every day when Go would get home from school, we'd play our own Name That Tune from iTunes' site. It was usually Go at the computer, and I on the couch or making dinner, facing away from the computer and he'd test my mad skillz. Things really got fun when iTunes started having celebrities post their own playlists. After playing Name That Tune with all the songs on a particular playlist, he'd have me guess which celebrity's playlist it was, based on all the songs I just guessed. I looked forward to this every day. And yes, we were, and still are, nerds.
Want to play? Last night, while I was making a mix for a friend, I came across this playlist on our own iTunes.
Who's playlist is this?
Blackbird-Beatles
Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)-Looking Glass
A Dustland Fairytale-The Killers
For the Price of a Cup of Tea-Belle & Sebastian
Girl-Beck
Girls-Beastie Boys
Good Day Sunshine-Beatles
I Gotta Feeling-Black Eyed Peas
I Like to Move It-Shaggy
I've Just Seen a Face-Beatles
If You Want to Sing Out Sing Out-Cat Stevens
Let's Get it Started-Black Eyed Peas
Oh What a Night-Four Seasons
Penny on a Train Track-Ben Kweller
Que Onda Guero-Beck
Read My Mind-The Killers
Say Hey (I Love You)-Michael Franti & Spearhead
Walk Like an Egyptian-The Puppini Sisters
You Make My Dreams-Hall & Oates
1234-Feist
Can you guess?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It's Ruby's! She compiled this list of all her favorite songs herself.
I think if I was able to make a playlist at 6, it would have looked a lot like this:
Beat It-Michael Jackson
Ricky Don't Lose That Number-Steely Dan
Part Time Lover-Stevie Wonder
Crush on You-The Jets
Hip to be Square-Huey Lewis
Can't Fight This Feeling-REO Speedwagon
That's What Friends are For-Stevie Wonder, Dionne Warwick, Gladys Knight, Elton John
We Built This City-Starship
How Will I Know?-Whitney Houston
How Sweet it Is-James Taylor
Material Girl-Madonna
Jump-Van Halen
Sussido-Phil Collins
Don't Stand So Close to Me-The Police
You Can Call Me Al-Paul Simon
And with that, I leave you this shiny gem from my childhood:
6 comments:
whoa. excellent taste, miss ruby. reunion 2011...DANCEDANCEDANCE.
You forgot, Hello! My name is Joe! The button factory song from reuinons past. Classic.
Mikeeeee
Go Mikeee.
And I would add "Gotta Boogie" by Weird Al, but improved by the Tim Garlock family and I can't believe you'd diss your Grandpa Ole by not adding "Mamas, Don't let your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys" by Waylon. We can clarify that you were pre-teen when it would have been on your list.
I know May's list would start off with "Cheyenne" and Olive's with "Olive, we Love You". Can't wait til they make theirs.
This list could only be produced from your child. Way to raise her right.
Five words:
Climie Fisher Love Changes Everything
best.song.ever
Annie, This is so cute!- I love your pics for your playlist. I had a Gem and Holograms tape with most of those great songs. Even Crush on You. Plus it had Walking on Sunshine, which was a personal favorite. This post made me laugh, I still like playing name that tune, and I force Mike to play. :)
Post a Comment