past 6 months. Like not cooking that great of meals, not starting many
projects, not finishing the few I do start, leaving dirty dishes in
the sink longer than I should, not getting to the grocery store as
often as I should, getting behind on the laundry, the checking account
balancing, the cleaning, not reading the piles of books I have, not
making the easy home improvements I could, almost getting late to the
bus stop like every day, lagging way behind on thank you notes,
watching junk on tv instead of doing something constructive, taking
weird little naps in the middle of the day, and a handfull of other
neglected things. I don't know what my problem is. Is this how my
"baby blues" are manefesting? Gross. I feel like I've reverted back
to age 14 through 19, aka My Slacker Years. I need a kick in the
pants. I need a surge of creativity. Of energy. Of gumption I need
motivation. I need my mojo back. I think Olive took my mojo. It's lost
somewhere in the depths of her fat rolls.
Sent from my iPhone
9 comments:
Well I WANTED a print, done by you, and you never said if you would do it!
I'll pay.
But I'm not rich.
I really do want a print, I'm redoing Capri and Sable's room. Not like right NOW, but soon. I want to add reds. I would love to have a print of them riding a flying owl together. With those great reds I've seen you use.
So really, what do ya think??
luvs, aby
Did you not read this post? I've lost my mojo, lady! I also should have added that even though I'm doing less than I normally do, I'm completely overwhelmed with my life right now. I'll get back to you when I feel like I've got my head above water. And I hope it's soon--for both of our sakes.
If it's lost in her fat rolls, you can kiss that mojo goodbye!
I DID read the post. And I totally totally TOTALLY get all of it.
Totally.
So whenever your "mojo" is back, I'll be anxiously waiting.
Hey how about cutting yourself a break? You've got 3 kids, one of which is still an INFANT. I watched my creativity and productivity go straight out the window for a few years. My youngest is TWO and it's only just started to really re-emerge.
luvs, aby
I agree with Aby-you have THREE children all of whom rely on you for everything. In other words, you are still doing something even though you don't think you are doing something-you are keeping three kids alive and most days, that's enough.
I do know what you mean though, this is similar to how I was feeling after I had Jakson. You have to find something that will invigorate you again-for me, it was sewing. I know with Ruby it was exercise. Don't try laundry-that's not going to be motivating :) My suggestion is to take on a project from an outside source (friend, Alchemy bid on Etsy for children's book illustrator), something with a deadline. Deadlines motivate. And somewhere in there you might get your mojo back. Just a thought.
If you figure out how to get it back, let me know... I'm thinking it's the nursing thing - they suck EVERYTHING out of you. I haven't been running in about 3 weeks. I definitely lost my mojo... (Or I just need a better sports bra)
Annie, when Lucy was about 6 months old I realized I had a lack of motivation never before experienced at that level for such an extended period. I also noticed I wasn't making silly faces with the kids or laughing with them as much and yelling more. And I thought, "Maybe it's because I have three now. Maybe I'm not the kind of person who can be a good mother to more than 2 kids." And I hope that's not true. Because if it is, there'll be a LOT of yelling for the next 17 years.
maybe its cuz your sweet little baby is like mine and likes to wake up a ton during the night to feed or what not. I know I'm a half-woman on a low sleep tank and I don't have three kids. If I could ever just suck a little of your mojo away, I think I would. You probably have some extra in your food storage if you go look too. :)
just blog more, duh.
Post a Comment