Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cast your vote

the chair: red or green?



(those swatches of fabric on the side are the main fabrics of a table runner,
the creamy yellow is the wall,
the wood is the floor,
the rest of the stuff are the main components in the room)

and even though i'm asking you to weigh in, i think i've already decided which route to go...
but i still love you.

23 comments:

bethany said...

I like the red.
Also, in case you are going with the Heather Bailey stripe (which is fabulous!)-it's on sale at this site (the price is per 1/2 yard, but still really good!)
http://www.mariemadelinestudio.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_38&products_id=239

[AnnieR] said...

Ooo...that's a good deal. I have everything I need already, though. I've had the fabric just sitting around forever. And it was given to me. Which means it was free. Which makes it all the more delightful.
-this comment written by Miss Cheapy Pants

Unknown said...

Red!

bethany said...

That gift giver really knows how to pick fabrics!! :)

[AnnieR] said...

Scraps from mi madre!

amanda said...

i don't think you can go wrong with either colour...i'm going to cast my vote red though, just to please my grandmother/aunt diana.

amanda said...

okay ok...that was a lame joke, you may strike it from the blog records..

MOMMACITA said...

I am a lover of red. Except when worn head to toe in the grocery. By two people. Holding hands.

Red it is.

PS. Mitch sold pest control to Heather Bailey in AZ last summer and she and I emailed back and forth a little.

So you're going with red, right?

Kristen said...

I like both - but am partial to the green....

But, I know nothing about art or interior design!

Beth said...

I can't decorate to save my life, but I like the green.

Alisha said...

red

yomama said...

You know I know all the background to this project, but I have to say that given these configurations (which are ingenious!)the red looks like it pops more and certainly pops the seat fabric better.
HOWEVER, if you cover up the top half of both configurations, the green pops more and it's because it's contrasting with the floor and desk and that is what it's going to be seen against, therefore popping the chair better, so I wholeheartedly vote for the green. I'm all about the pop.

john said...

green. I hate red.

yomama said...

I'm so dumb. We have Just Friends starring Ryan Reynolds playing upstairs and I just got your terrarium's name. You are eversoclever.
And John going to the U, I can see why you hate red.

yomama said...

Er, make that your worm's name. I think I'll just comment every hour on the hour.

Tori said...

I like the red. It make the fabric stand out more!

Katie said...

green. but both are cute.

Melissa said...

Green. I love the red, but when I scrolled down and saw the green, I was like hmmm...that really adds a lot to the room. Now tell us what you've already decided!

Brandon Bridge said...

I'm really liking the green. It's a great accent to all of your red. Is that desk in the background the, "antique desk you came upon?" I LOVE it.

[alisar] said...

green is the new red.

sheena said...

red.

ps. love love love the map idea....clever you!

Jennifer said...

I'm not just saying this because green is my favorite color, but I do think the green would be better. Don't get me wrong, I love me some red, but apparently you do to because there is already so much going on around there. The green just adds a little suh'in suh'in.

Betsy said...

definitely red.... =0)