Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Why, Thank You, May

My belly was itching, so I lifted my shirt and was scratching it, exposing my huge and not-so-pretty 7th-month pregnant stomach (which actually looks more like a 9th-month pregnant stomach) exactly eye-level with May, who was standing on a stool.

May: Whoa, Mama. You body is big.

Me: I know. I've got a big baby in there.

May: That baby is making you body willy, willy big.

6 comments:

Hansen Family said...

Oh May:) I just love her:)

Kasey said...

Kids and the brutal truth. Gotta love it!

[alisar] said...

The setting: 8 month pregnant me, tucking 7 year old Caleb into bed on the top bunk.
He hugs me and looks over my shoulder.
"Mom, it's not just your tummy that is growing. Your bottom is big now too!"
End scene.

yomama said...

Yeah, and when they say it and you're not pregnant...

Shari Baker said...

That really made me laugh. Thanks for sharing. That's one thing you can always count on from little kids is the truth.

Kristen said...

Ditto Alisa and yomama......